I’ve been trying to get this automation working on and off over the past few weeks and still can’t get it right.
The idea is this: we have dogs and if my vacuum cleans the whole room in one pass it will clog during the emptying cycle. I broke up the room into 3 segments and trying to create an automation that will clean segment 1, return to empty, then onto the next segment.
The way I’m trying to do it is by first having a button to trigger the cleaning, this runs a script that tells the robot via mqtt publish to clean the first segment. I then have a trigger that is supposed to wait for the state of the robot to return to “docked”, wait 15 seconds for the empty cycle to run, and then trigger the next cleaning segment.
The automation always fails after the first segment. It doesn’t look like the triggers I set up to start the next cleaning segment are working.
What am I doing wrong?
alias: Clean Bedroom
description: ‘’
triggers:
- trigger: state
entity_id:- input_button.clean_bedroom
conditions:
actions:
- input_button.clean_bedroom
- action: script.clean_segment_1
metadata: {}
data: {} - delay:
hours: 0
minutes: 0
seconds: 15
milliseconds: 0 - wait_for_trigger:
- trigger: state
entity_id:- vacuum.valetudo_roborockq7max1
from: null
to: - docked
for:
hours: 0
minutes: 0
seconds: 15
continue_on_timeout: true
- vacuum.valetudo_roborockq7max1
- trigger: state
- action: script.clean_segment_17
metadata: {}
data: {} - delay:
hours: 0
minutes: 0
seconds: 15
milliseconds: 0 - wait_for_trigger:
- trigger: state
entity_id:- vacuum.valetudo_roborockq7max1
from: null
to: - docked
for:
hours: 0
minutes: 0
seconds: 15
continue_on_timeout: true
- vacuum.valetudo_roborockq7max1
- trigger: state
- delay:
hours: 0
minutes: 0
seconds: 15
milliseconds: 0 - action: script.clean_segment_3
metadata: {}
data: {}
mode: single