Can the left column of a Blueprint be configured as a pull down menu instead of a list?

Recently, I’ve been working with a fairly extensive Blueprint for my Zen32 switch. I have come to realize that the blueprint would be much easier to work with if the options on the left side of the Blueprint were a pulldown menu instead of a completely itemized list of every option available.

For example, in the screenshot below I have two unique configurations that work exactly as I want, however, if I wanted to swap the functionality from one button to another, I’d have to completely reconfigure each button manually.

Swapping the scene via a pulldown menu would make this process trivial. And, IMO, would go a long way to cleaning up the appearance of complex Blueprints via the UI. I know this would require some YAML editing but I’m not even sure whether blueprints would support such functionality. Sadly, the Blueprints documentation isn’t much help in this regard. Does anyone know if what I am suggesting is possible with blueprints?

I don’t have an answer, but hopefully someone else does.

But even if a pulldown list could be added to the left side, I’m not sure it would behave in the way you want or expect. When editing automations, if you change the service dropdown in an action, e.g. light.turn_on to light.turn_off, the target and all of its data is erased.

It’s not ideal, but if all you want to do is move the action from Scene 2 to Scene 1 and vice versa, you can try copying/pasting the yaml directly then reloading automations in Developer tools.

Thank you for the suggestion. Editing the yaml would accomplish my goal in theory (I haven’t actually tried it yet). Kind of crazy that in 2022, the UI still cannot match the power and flexibility of a text file.