Can these be flashed with ESP-Home or tasmota?

It’s some kind of Tuya switch.
Can’t find the model of them, but they have stopped responding to cloud commands now so it’s time to flash or remove.

They look very generic. There are hundreds or even thousands of similar switches.

They are usually easy to take apart hough, or even find a model number of somewhere in the back.

I’m sure I don’t need to tell you to be careful when fiddling with mains…

I know they are easy to disassemble, the issue is putting it back together again.
These switches are touch, and if they are not an exact distance from the back piece then they either do not respond to clicks, or they are always clicking.
Always clicking means they factory reset, and trust me I’m very feed up with that “feature”.
You would think it’s just to put the front glass on, but it’s not. The switch on the image needs a piece of plastic in between positioned at a specific place.
The switch in the hallway has a screw jammed in between to get the distance correct.

I was mainly thinking if anyone knew then it could possibly save me the hassle.

But I guess I need to pull them of the wall at some point anyways.

You’d have to tell us the make & model.

and then it still depends on what chipset is inside.

the older models are re-flashable, the newer not :thinking:

Nothing written on the chip but it looks like an ESP.

There is often something written on the box that covers the back.

Inside:

Backside:

See if you can get Tuya convert to connect to it.

Tuya convert doesn’t work, I believe I tried that earlier.

But I did some poking around with the multimeter.

So if we assume this is a 8266, then it’s GPIO4 that is the switch.
But is “touch” possible on 8266? How can that be read with a multimeter?

The 8266 won’t be doing everything.

Looks like ESP12F. Perhaps you could disconnect from mains and connect a serial connection

Googling the pcb leads to a whole load of russian sites like Выключатели Girier: без нуля, с Wi-Fi, 433 МГц и Google Home | — Молодежный информационный портал

Suggests its a girier. Search Devices Supported by Tasmota

Connecting it to the PC

Returns this when I press the button:

Is this good or bad?

It seems correct.
Girier 3 Gang Touch Switch (JR-DES01) Configuration for Tasmota (blakadder.com)
The PCB has room for three switches and the case has three L connectors.
Only the LED pins seems to be a bit messed up. There two for LED 1 and none for LED 2, but that is easy to debug.

Anything out through serial is usually a good sign. Try tasomotizer and putting it into programming mode by pulling Gpio0 to ground and see if you can backup the current firmware on the device to your PC. If you can backup then you should be able to upload Tasmota or ESPhome. I suspect the touch pad just acts as a binary sensor at the pins.

I have never used tasmotizer.
How do I make a backup of the bin file? It seems I have to commit to flashing to get a backup? I would feel safer if I could get the backup first.

Or do I missunderstand this. Can’t find the instructions for that part.

saveOrig
Tick tick the save original firmware. Try not selecting any image to download and untick erase before flashing.

It complains that I need to select a binary to flash with.

May need to be brave and flash a full 8266 file not the min. It’ll either work, refuse to upload or brick the chip. What have you got to lose if it no longer works. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Well I think it still works locally.