Can Two Displays Be Configured to Run At Same Time?

I have configured an I2C buss on a ESP32 and run an LED display and clock on that buss. Unfortunately the LED display isn’t larger enough (4 x 20) to show the text I wish to display. I’ve ordered a waveshare 800 x 300 display as a replacement for the LED.

I’m wondering if the ESP32 can be configured to run both displays simultaneously. Running both displays is not the end goal. The goal is to ensure all display data has been transferred from the LED to the waveshare device. There’s sufficient IO pins to configure and connect both LED (I2C) and waveshare (SPI) to the ESP32. I’m just not sure that coding in the display section of my yaml file can accommodate both modules?

Is this achievable? If so, are there any tips you care to share?

I’m not sure I exactly get what you want to achieve, but I’ve run 2 X SSD1306 screens from a esp32 before if that helps?

I don’t believe there is generally an issue running two screens from one esp32.

I wish to leave the LED code in place while I build out code for the waveshare display. Once the latter is in place, the LED display and related code will be removed.

Your experience is helpful. I wonder if an LED and waveshare display can be run at the same time.

1 Like

You’ll see in this project, I have 2 screens, 2 LEDs plus a bunch of other sensors.

For more demanding projects, I tend to opt for a good quality ESP32, especially when powering lots of peripherals.

Thanks for confirming the use of two screens. I’ve started building my code knowing I won’t be creating conflicts as I move along.

1 Like

I once made a desktop clock, using an Esp32 connected to two TFT screens, and it ran normally.

1 Like