🤷‍♀️Can we please undeprecate config files?

I love the new wizard-based approach to configuration. Much more accessible, it’s just plain great.

Except…

Configurations aren’t really portable now - duplicating, or backing up, a configuration requires the dangerous practice of messing with core.xxx files in .storage.

Can we please not loose configuration files in the race to make HA easier for newcomers?

This is not going to happen. It has been decided to deprecate YAML for configuration of integrations. It has been discussed to death in this topic.

Well, that’s ruined my night.

Why do you need to mess with .storage files? If you want do duplicate/bachup your config, just make a copy of the .storage files as well.

I’ve found, increasingly often as the different HA’s I look after get more and more complex, that I need to drop the core files to get rid of duplicated sensors, missing devices, etc

It was the simple task of deleting the core.xyz files and letting everything rebuild.

Now - everything has to be reconfigured from scratch. Try adding 30 onvif cameras by scratch with the current UI based onboarding… it’s… painful.

As this is a duplicate, and the thread in question is linked already, I’ll close this here.