Can you call a template from a template?

Is it possible to create a template that can be called from other templates. For instance, I have sensors that report battery status that I have to create a “value_template” and an “icon_template” that is a large block of code. So could I create a template that contains the “value_template” and “icon_template” and call that template by name from another template?

Example:

front_door_hinge_battery:
        friendly_name: "Front Door Battery"
        entity_id: sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2
        value_template: >-
          {% if is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '0') %}
            100%
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '1') %}
            90%
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '2') %}
            80%
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '3') %}
            70%
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '4') %}
            60%
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '5') %}
            50%
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '6') %}
            40%
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '7') %}
            30%
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '8') %}
            20%
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '9') %}
            10%
          {% endif %}
        icon_template: >-
          {% if is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '0') %}
            mdi:battery
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '1') %}
            mdi:battery-90
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '2') %}
            mdi:battery-80
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '3') %}
            mdi:battery-70
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '4') %}
            mdi:battery-60
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '5') %}
            mdi:battery-50
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '6') %}
            mdi:battery-40
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '7') %}
            mdi:battery-30
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '8') %}
            mdi:battery-20
          {% elif is_state('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2', '9') %}
            mdi:battery-10
          {% endif %}

I don’t think that’s exactly what you illustrated by your code. Your value_template and icon_template do the same checks but return different values, right?
I also think I saw something similar before and the solution was to set device_class: battery and HA would handle both state and icon - but looks like it won’t help here.

Anyway, your icon just visually represents the state so why not to derive it like this

icon_template: >
  {% set charge_level = states('sensor.front_door_hinge_battery') %}
  mdi:battery
  {%- if charge_level not in ['100%', 'unknown'] -%}
    -{{ charge_level.replace('%', '') }}
  {% endif %}

And if we look at your value_template, it’s possible to make it shorter, too:

value_template: >
  {% set val = states('sensor.ge_32563_hinge_pin_smart_door_sensor_alarm_level_2') %}
  {% if val in ['unknown', 'unavailable'] %}
    {{ val }}
  {% else %}
    {{ 10 - val|int }}0%
  {% endif %}

Do you think it’s applicable here? How?