Cancel an HTML5 Push Notification

I just got HTML5 push notifications set up. Its really handy to be able to have actions assigned to them. Question is, is it possible to cancel a notification if one receiver acknowledges it?

For example, a notification where, when someone rings my doorbell, a notification is sent out with the option to unlock the door. If the user pushes unlock door, have the notification removed from other devices.

I have setup tags for each notification so far. Wondering if that plays into it or not. Was hoping the resulting automation from clicking unlock door could have an action that says “cancel notification with tag xxxxx”,

Thanks.

I don’t think this is possible. However, you could just send out a new notification with the same tag and without any actions. It will then replace the previous notification which did have actions.

I also wish this was possible.

+1

According to the docs for HTML5 push notification on Mozilla, it is possible to remove HTML5 push notifications after they’ve been received on a device. However it’s not been implemented in the Home Assistant component. :frowning_face:

• tag : An ID for a given notification that allows you to find, replace, or remove the notification using a script if necessary.