Cannot add second Aqara FP2

Installing my first Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 was easy and works perfectly with Home Assistant, so I got another one for a different room. When I tried to do the same method to install it, Home Assistant just gave me the loading wheel of death. Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

And that method was?

1 Like

I added a HomeKit Device, selected the FP2 and entered the device ID. The first one added immediately, the second one just hangs.

Same exact situation here. First one added no problem. Now trying the second one. The modal pops up with a few choices, one of them is the second FP2, but when I hit submit it just spins. Did you ever sort this out?

EDIT: A power cycle made it show in HA. I’d already cycled it at least a few times in the hour prior to trying to adopt it, so not sure why that suddenly worked. Maybe it’s only discoverable for a certain amount of time after booting.

Thanks! Will give it a go!

I had the same experience when adding the second FP2 device.
I ended up restarting HA and also the device - and then it picked it up. It took a few seconds to show up again in Notifications, but it did.

A bigger issue for me is the Aqara app did not give me the option to “walk off” the perimeter of the tracking zone, as it did with the first device. Although I have a zone laid out, it still covers the whole area for presence - very annoying.

A hardware fault forced me to rebuild my home assistant instance. I thought that I would give HAOS a try, rather than running in a container. This made the second FP2 work first time.

I am running HAOS Yellow - and this is where I have the issues.