Cannot add the iCloud3 event log card

Hi guys,

I’m finding the documentation on iCloud3 fairly difficult to follow due to how it often refers to other sections. I feel like I’ve got this part configured correctly according to the documentation, but I’m reaching out on here because I’ve probably done something stupid, or missed an important section without realising.

I have the icloud3-event-log-card.js file in www/custom_cards (copied from custom_components/icloud3) and I have added this as a resource in my Lovelace Dashboards config, pointing to: /local/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js.

However when I try to add a card, searching for “event” returns no results. Trying to add a custom card with type: 'custom: icloud3-event-log-card' returns an error that the custom card is not found.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Many thanks.

1 Like

Having the same problem over here… have you already figured out what this problem causes?

I haven’t been able to work it out unfortunately.

perhaps @gcobb321 can be of assistance here. I’m also struggling with this bit at the moment.

Try removing the space between after custom: so it reads custom:icloud3-event-log-card

You also need to meticulously following these instructions and not jump over things making assumptions like I did: iCloud3

This will sound strange. I got rid of all the errors but I cant find the event card, Everything is being reported under Sensor

Late to the party here, but the steps for setting up this Event Log card are hidden somewhere in the installation manual, a few steps AFTER the bit that talks about setting up the resource, etc.

Anyway, what you’re looking for is this page of the manual.

Steps:

(assuming you’ve configured the resource, copied the .js file to the www/custom_cards folder already)

1. Open your dashboard
  2. 3 dots > ‘Edit Dashboard’
  3. ‘Add Card’
  4. Scroll to the bottom and select ‘Manual’ to create a custom card
  5. On line 1, insert this code:
type: 'custom:icloud3-event-log-card'
  1. Hit save.
1 Like

Thanks. turned out I have a BIG typo that made the resource name different then the custom card name. Installing a new VM to solve z-wave issues. see if ic an get the Icloud3 installation right the first time

I got it done today in an afternoon, I’m competent with Home Assistant but by no means do I have experience coding. I ran into a bunch of errors but as others have said above, reading the instructions thoroughly (which, to be fair, jump around a lot between topics and references, which makes them a bit hard to follow)… but if you read them meticulously and dedicate 3-6 hours to it, you should be good to go.

I can help if need be, while it’s fresh in my head.

Before I deleted the virtual machine and the vdi to try (unsuccessfuly to deal with dead z-wave devices). I had it nailed thanks to much help. Now I am on the path with much pain to rebuild HA. PITA. But hey thanks my icloud3 issues were typos

Ahh, you learnt the hard way to always back things up before making changes :upside_down_face: Good luck!

Actually backups don’t help unless you ever get the installation right, I have never been able to do that with Z-wave and I can never seem to get back to a vanilla configuration . BIGGER PITA

thanks a lot!

Sorry I am struggling to get this event log card working

1. I copied the ‘icloud3-event-log-card.js’ file in ‘/www/custom_cards’ as well as in ‘/config/www/custom_cards’ (Not sure which directory it is supposed to be copied)

2. I added a resource via Lovelace Dashboards pointing to: ‘/local/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js’

3. Then I added a manual card and typed type: ‘custom:icloud3-event-log-card’ on line-1

But it gives an error “Custom element does not exists: icloud3-event-log-card”

Please help. Thanks

Ok solved it. Just incase someone find this useful

I had www folder missing

1. So first I needed to create a www folder inside /config

2. Then I create custom_cards folder inside the /config/www

3. Then I copied ‘icloud3-event-log-card.js’ file into the custom_cards folder

4. I added a resource via Lovelace Dashboards pointing to: ‘/local/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js’ (please note the ‘local’ is important as from the web, the ‘local’ will point to /config/www folder)

5. Then I added a manual card and typed type: ‘custom:icloud3-event-log-card’ on line-1

6. Most Important Step: Restart Home Assistant, if it does not work, restart again, and if that does not work restart the VM, host or whatever. Restart is key to reflect changes and sometime multiple restarts are required.