Cannot connect with Android mobile app

This morning (2022-02-13), I could not longer connect to my 2022.02.5 instance of home assistant.

I’m currently on app version 2022.2.1-full and Home assistant 2022.2.6 and while I can still use the mobile HA website, the mobile app still does not connect.

I’m using a direct duckDNS-based connection (as opposed to NabuCasa). Both the mobile web and app are using the same URL.

Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Go to “Developer options” : “WebView implementation” .
I switched from “AOSP WebView” to “Google WebView” and all works fine now.

If you dont see it on your phone settings then you need to enable it by tapping on build number 7 times in settings.

1 Like

I only have the option to select the ASOP WebView. Is the Google one available to install? I couldn’t find it in the play store.

The crappy thing I just realized it’s that it probably breaks any automations based on the mobile app like presence detection and notifications. Looking forward to a resolution for this one.

I reported this as a bug, but perhaps it’s my certificate? I don’t understand the errors given that chrome is not complaining about the same cert on either Android or Windows.

Anyone have any guidance?

Here’s the issue one GitHub:

I had the exact same issue, managed to fix it. For me it worked by disabling the toggle to prioritize the local address.

I also tested it several times by enabling and disabling it, worked every time with exact same result.

prioritize internal is only for those users who keep location off on their device as the app then cannot determine when to use the internal URL. If you leave location on then the app can make the decisions properly. There is also a note about the feature being intended for those who leave location off on their device.

I am having the same issue. It appears it’s trying to use the internal URL. It’s been working for years and over the past couple of weeks external url does not work. I am using the nubacasa URL and have verified it is working in chrome on my phone. I also tried my own external URL. Like @RODO said disabling ‘prioritize the local address’.fixes the issue.