Cannot control individual lights that were automatically grouped by HA via Google Home

I’m new to Home Assistant and went through the process of purchasing a Raspberry Pi, setting up HA and connecting it my Google Home. When I synced HA with Google Home, it automatically created a group in Google Home called Backyard Lights that has two different lights in it. If I ask Google to turn on the Backyard Lights, it works fine. But, when I ask google to turn on one of those individual lights (e.g. Pool Light), it says “Sorry something went wrong and I am unable to control your home device.” However if I use the app on my phone, I can control those individual light switches.

Anyone know what the issue is and how I can fix it? I’ve tried restarting Home Assistant and asking Google Assistant to sync devices, but that hasn’t worked.

Google home groups devices based on their areas and this grouping is managed by it, not home assistant. That being sad, i would enable debug logs for Google home integration and send the broken command from Google home and see what is captured in the logs