Cannot create or restore backups: Failed to to call /snapshots/reload - /snapshots/reload return code 404

I’m using Home Assistant OS 6.6, Core 2021.3.4 and Supervisor 2022.07.0, and I can’t view my backups, or create new ones. When I try to list my backups from Supervisor > Backups, an empty list appears with the message “You don’t have any backups yet.” (but I have). And in the core logs I can see these errors:

2022-07-09 01:17:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] /snapshots/reload return code 404
2022-07-09 01:17:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Failed to to call /snapshots/reload -

When I try to create a backup, I get this error: “Unknown error, see supervisor logs”. In supervisor logs I can’t see any error, but I can see these errors in core logs:

2022-07-09 01:08:52 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] /snapshots/new/full return code 404
2022-07-09 01:08:52 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Failed to to call /snapshots/new/full -

I get these errors using a new fresh install, with a new sdcard (SanDisk Max Endurance). After flashing home assistant, I can restore my backup, and I get it working. But then, when I go to Supervisor → Backups, I can’t use it. I receive the errors listed above…

EDIT: Running “ha backup new” from terminal works, and creates a new backup. So… why it does not work from supervisor?

1 Like

Hello,
I have the same problem, and I do not know the answer.
Thank you for the question.

1 Like

watching - I am in the same predicament

I have the same problem. Running: core-2021.6.6 & supervisor-2022.10.0. Want to do upgrades but want to do backup first, so i can roll back if I need to,

I have just hit this problem as well running 2022.12.9. It reports no backups exist, but if I map a drive to the /backup folder, I can see the backups. What on earth is going on?.

Same problem for me. I restored HA on a new SD card , from a previous backup, since my old SD Card crashed. I still have core.2021.6.0 , but supervisor 2022.09.1 (was automatically upgraded when I restored HA), and apparently both are incompatible. Since then I’m unable to perform any backups…