Cannot get Blink Integration to work

Hi all,

I’ve just switched from OpenHAB to Home Assistant and all has gone great aside from a couple of issues. Firstly, I’ve set everything up on a new Raspberry Pi. Originally I started with OpenHAB, transferring my Windows server setup to the Raspberry Pi with little difficulty, but continued to have trouble setting up the scripts and HomeKit integration.

So I took the plunge after reading all the reviews and switched to Home Assistant.

As I mentioned earlier, two issues are still remaining which I’m hoping you might be able to resolve.

Firstly and most importantly…Blink.

I have two Blink security cameras and I simply cannot get them to integrate into my system.

I’ve added the following code:

# Example configuration.yaml entry
blink:
  username: YOUR_USERNAME
  password: YOUR_PASSWORD

And entered my username and password as I’ve done with other integrations. I’ve checked the entries numerous times and confirmed they work on the Blink app, but I am not able to make this work.

In the logs I see the following:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: blinkpy.helpers.util
Source: components/blink/__init__.py:116
First occurred: May 14, 2020, 11:19:36 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: May 14, 2020, 11:19:36 PM

Endpoint https://rest-piri.immedia-semi.com/login failed. Possible issue with Blink servers.

Does anyone else have this issue and how can it be corrected? Have Blink blocked their API and is there even a solution?

Thanks!

Just to add, I forgot to include this log entry:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: blinkpy.blinkpy
Source: components/blink/__init__.py:116
First occurred: May 14, 2020, 11:19:36 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: May 14, 2020, 11:19:36 PM

Login API endpoint failed with response None
Login API endpoint failed with response False

Should work in upcoming .110.

As @M203 mentioned, this will be fixed in the next version of home-assistant. You can also install the 0.110.0b0 beta version to get this fix now :+1:

Thanks! How do I get my Hass.io to download the beta? I presume it’s fairly stable?

No, it’s a beta- those are typically not considered stable. The updated blink integration, however, appears to be working fine for everyone who has tested it so far. You can find instructions to install the beta on Hassio here. At least, I think. I’ve never used Hassio so hopefully those instructions work for you!

2 Likes

I have the same problem with blink CAM… should I go to the beta or wait ?
regards,
Marcos

I installed the latest beta : 0.111.0b4 and the blink still not working :frowning:

What’s the problem you’re having? All issues in this thread were fixed with 0.110.0

Hi, I am having an issue just getting things installed. I go to follow your instructions from the cli and I type pip install but get pip command not found. The version I am running is 0.111.4 in a container.

Am I urinating into wind or is it possible to get Blinkpy installed on this version of hass or do I need to look to installing a non containerised version?

Cheers
Paul

I’m confused as to what you’re trying to accomplish? If you’re running home-assistant you don’t need to install blinkpy- it’s handled for you. To set up the component there’s no need to do anything on the command line, it’s all GUI based in the home assistant front end. Any reference to CLI stuff earlier was for debugging a problem that existed a few versions ago.

Hi Kevin,

Apologies, I wrongly assumed after reading something in another post that it was something I needed to install separately. After reading this, I know there is nothing separate to install now and have my cameras set up and reporting information ready for me to play around and get what I need from them.

I’m about to now go and buy a few more xt2’s and I have some mini’s a well which I read will be supported in a later version. I was about to ditch the cams until I decided to move to HA from smartthings.

Paul

Paul,
I wouldn’t invest much more in Blink if you want to use it with Home Assistant. Blink is currently waging a war to eliminate all third party apps from using their service. It looks like just today Blink changed something again which broke the Home Assistant integration.

Yeah agreed, quickly realised now its not the way I want to go. I’m going to leave security products with my alarm system. I’ve just finished plumbing in a ring alarm and i’ll sack the blink cams and get some ring ones.

They are both owned by Amazon. I would expect Ring to not be far behind in trying to block all 3rd party applications.