Blink Camera's discontinuing "legacy" login

Received a nastygram from Blink today titled “Disabling Unauthorized 3rd Party Automation Scripts” (Text of email below). Anyone successful in using IFTTT or other integration to integrate Blink? I use it to trigger an update image every 30 minutes and enable/disable motion on certain camera when my home alarm state changes.

You are receiving this email because your account has used automation scripts that use an outdated login method to connect to your Blink account. With security and customer protection as our top priority, that login method is being deprecated. This means that any scripts you are using will no longer work as of 5/11.

We encourage you to try out IFTTT, our supported 3rd party integration, for more secure automation functionality.

Got the same email. Problem is IFTTT isn’t a good solution. I guess this will kill the use of my Blink cameras unless we can get an update using an official API or reversed engineering of one.

1 Like

just got the same email. i use my blink cameras the same way, very sad news. hopefully someone much smarter then me can figure out a workaround.

or maybe this is just a sign that i need to update my front door camera.

1 Like

Yeah just emailed them (I’m the maintainer of the underlying library) so we’ll see what they say. I encourage people to respectfully reach out and request the blinkpy library be given access to the new login method. I hope that showing them this integration in home assistant has a lot of support will convince them to work with us.

7 Likes

I sent them an email that without Home Assistant integration, I will no longer be purchasing or recommending their products. I’m just one voice but feel it needs to come from someone. Like @taargusspargel, maybe this is when I choose to splurge on a new system.

2 Likes

I reached out and requested access to the new login method as well. Thank you Kevin for your contributiuons.

1 Like

Blink have been trying to put themselves out of business ever since Amazon bought them. They can’t even do that properly. I’ve regretted spending the money for a long time now, but I’m slowly refitting and replacing.

Same here

outdated login method to connect to your Blink account.

@omayhemo assuming blink doesn’t work with us, sounds like I’ll be in the market for some new cameras too. What are you replacing them with?

Internally I just finished flashing Neos cams with Dafang firmware. Externally I’m not sure :frowning: I don’t really want to deal with the power through the wall

Go with POE very easy to find spots to tuck and hide a single Ethernet cable for each camera… especially if you have vinyl siding

1 Like

Got the email as well. Very sad

I emailed them asking for an authorized blinkpy API and also the ultimate hail mary, A LOCAL API, LOL.

4 Likes

Let us know what comes back!

Came on the forums to ask why the Blink Integration is no longer available… Guess this answers my question.

Same here. I’ll send them an email too. Anyone use Arlo cams? I might change to those if they are any good.

Received this today…

Dear Blink Customer,
You are receiving this email because your account has used automation scripts that use an outdated login method to connect to your Blink account. With security and customer protection as our top priority, that login method is being deprecated. This means that any scripts you are using will no longer work as of 5/11.

We encourage you to try out IFTTT, our supported 3rd party integration, for more secure automation functionality. If you have other feature preferences or requests, you can always email product feedback to [email protected] for consideration.
Thank you,

Team Blink

1 Like

Yup. Annoying stuff. We have a thread going on here in case you didn’t see it Blink Camera's discontinuing "legacy" login

Hi,
I received it too :frowning:
I think they want we use IFTTT instead…
A badly news.

…I fear that Ring will be next.