Cannot get grafana iframes to work. Can only see Hassio homepage in iframe

Hey everyone, pretty much as the title says.

Iframe cards only show my hassio overview page or do not work at all.
I have grafana on docker on a different machine than HA.

Is it perhaps something to do with the fact that HA works on https and the other machine is unsecured?
Or do i have some wrong network settings on my HA machine?

Any tips?

Read the warning at the beginning of the docs here.

Easiest solution is probably a reverse proxy.

Ah, that solves it at least.
Now I have to go read what a reverse proxy is.
Thank you!

As i’m a complete beginner on ubuntu and docker, would setting up a second Home Assistant with letsencrypt on the other machine and having grafana/influxdb as addons there solve my issues?
It sounds easier to me than anything else.

Or could you point me to some guide on how to set up the proxy?

Edit:
I tried setting it up using the “NGINX Home Assistant SSL proxy” addon and following this guide

Unfortunately, if i follow the nginx addon’s documentation and comment out ssl_certificate and ssl_key from my configuration.yaml, i lose connectivity to my ha instance

In the configuration.yaml file, some options in the http: section are no longer necessary for this scenario, and should be commented out or removed:
ssl_certificate
ssl_key
server_port

I’d try the Nginx Proxy Manager add-on, this should make it easy to setup the reverse proxy from what I read. Unfortunately I don’t run HA Supervised/OS, so can’t really help here.

Gave it a try, it was having some issue connecting to Maria db which is a prerequisite.
Will give it another go tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

1 Like

I had to visit my internal hassioIP:81 to get the Nginx Proxy Manager page. Mariadb did give an error but it is working fine.
Now im looking for some guide on how to set up the proxy manager, will come back with a guide if i figure it out :slight_smile: