Cannot get my RF transmitter to talk to my projector screen

@Rich_Paul - let me know how you get on, I’ll be interested to hear!

Ahh that’s odd! My normal 433 sensor picks them up though, why is thst?

I’ve just ordered this
WRL-10535 RF Link Transmitter - 315MHz /fba https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XSFYZMG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vsgVCbDJHCM2K

If that doesn’t work ill try the broadlink Pro - I’ve got the mini which I like but found the pro ugly.

Thanks for your help bud - how did you work out it was 315?

I’m going to need a diff receiver aswell to sniff the codes again aren’t I… Or will they be the same as 433 ones, just sent at 315?

I don’t suppose you have the codes for up and down when you sniffed using your 315 receiver?

If yours is 315MHz too, then that will do the trick. I ordered a receiver too, but I think the codes that I had already sniffed worked absolutely fine. In fact, as I recall, I just switched the transmitter and the code I had already written worked straight away. I don’t have the codes handy, but I doubt very much they’d be the same.

I spotted that the screen was operating on 315MHz when I took the remote apart. I saw 315 printed on the transmitter. Felt a bit daft!

The Broadlink isn’t the sexiest of gadgets, but all mine is closed cabinet now, thanks to a Logitech Harmony hub and a couple of IR extensions. So I can’t see any of the kit.

Amazing! It’s 3 stops away!

Very neat setup matey, love the lack of wires!

Boom! All working mate!! Thanks for your help!

Now alexa isn’t discovering new devices :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Excellent! Well done. Glad I could help!!

Good luck with Alexa…

Hello , I am not a very technical guy but I can follow steps. I just got my Harmony elite hub today and I have the same 120 inch screen from home gear and unable to make this work. when you guys say you ordered XT from amazon, that means did you alter the circuit ? Can someone help me with some layman steps ! thanks in advance ! ( Everything works expect the damn screen !

Hello Sri.

I think you are sort of in the wrong forum here - it doesn’t sound like you are using Home Assistant. However, I hope I can give you some information that might help with what you are trying to achieve.

The parts from Amazon that you refer to were RF transmit and receive components that were connected to a Raspberry Pi in order to control the screen. You don’t need those, as you are not using a Raspberry Pi.

The problem that you have is that your screen is controlled using RF (radio frequency) and the Harmony hub is only able to directly control devices using IR (infa-red).

There are a few ways around this. In my case, I bought a Broadlink RM Pro Plus. They are cheap, and they can control RF devices as well as IR devices. But, in my opinion, not a great piece of kit to use. That’s why I use my Harmony for everything except the screen, which is controlled by the Broadlink. I simply set up an Alexa routine that tells both the Harmony and the Broadlink what to do when I want to watch something on the projector. The Broadlink just sits, unseen, in the cupboard and does nothing until it is asked put the screen up and down.

There is another way of controlling RF devices, like your screen, using your Harmony remote, which is described here by the lunatic Paul Hibbert:

http://www.paulhibbert.co.uk/2018/04/14/how-to-control-anything-with-a-harmony-hub/

This might suit your needs better.

One thing to be very aware of - RF devices operate on specific frequencies. In the UK, it is most common for devices to run on 433MHz, but I found that my screen operates on 315MHz (You can check which yours is if you take the screen’s remote apart and have a look on the transmitter - it will say 315 or 433).

There are some Broadlink models that will only operate 433MHz devices, so you need to make sure that, if you buy one, you buy the right one. I had to order one from Europe as the dual 433 and 315 models aren’t available in the UK.

I hop ethat helps! I’m not expert, just passing on the things that I learned along my travels. Best of luck getting everything working as you like it!

Thanks buddy, thats some great useful info there. Let me check and get back to you ! once again thanks !

What is the reference of the RF you used @oldturnip ?