Cannot link my Nest Account

Hi, I have migrated my Hassbian installation from a Pi3 to Hass.io and then to a Pi4. I’ve been able to restore all my integrations without issues, all but Nest. I was asked to link my nest account, and authorize Nest integration, I entered the link to do so: received a Pin in my mobile, entered that pin in nest page and after giving my authorization in their page I get from the same web page: ‘Upps there’s been a problem, try again!’ Getting that error when I enter the same pin in HA, obviously it does not work.
No idea why this is happening, but I have tried several times with no success. BTW, I already had a nest developer account (and was working on Hassbian), so I guess it’s not related to that.

Any idea will be very much appreciated. It seems that the normal way to authorize this integration is not working anymore.

I am getting this too all of a sudden. I think the long term approach to this is to use the least amount of Google products or services as possible. There have been multiple instances in the past 10 years where they kill a product/service leaving users high and dry.

There is a solution albeit temporary.

You’ve not done the Nest to Google account migration…?

I just made this with a success :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. And no, I haven’t done the Nest to google account migration, still on Nest.

1 Like

Hey @juhaa I’ve already try it and it is also working for me. Thank you very much for sharing how to solve it!! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Good to hear! Personally i was struggling to find my backups where the old set up were :slight_smile:
Now we just need to wait when they kill the whole thing. One thing is clear, never again Nest products.