Cannot log in from Home Assistant Wear OS app

Same here. Galaxy Watch 5, HA 2023.2, companion 2023.1.1-full

I think that problem is with DNS servers over Bluetooth connection. If watch connects using Wi-Fi then it works, if it’s connected via Bluetooth and phone is on local network (local DNS forwarding to local IP /https-certificate workaround) then it’s not working. And if I disconnect phone from Wi-Fi and watch is connected to phone via Bluetooth then it’s again working. So it’s only not working when watch is connected to phone using Bluetooth and phone is on local network and using local DNS that forwards to local IP. That got me to suspect on watch is not using correct DNS.

exactly the steps here with Watch 5 Pro LTE,
with or without WIFI / BT not working,
HA v2023.3.0

Did any of you find a solution? I have a valid https cert using a reverse proxy Infront off ha, but nothing happens when i try to login.

Using a tic watch 3 pro ultra gps.

Checked the access log off my reverse proxy and no traffic is coming from the watch even when I’m using WiFi.

Same problem here. I had to reinstall app on my Watch 4 Classic, now I can’t login to HA from my watch (https with Let’s Encrypt certificate).

I had this issue but in my case I had configured my reverse proxy to only allow TLS 1.3, but Wear OS 2 does not seem to support TLS 1.3 yet, after relaxing the restriction to TLS 1.2 it works as expected.

I only enabled to tighten 1.2 some what TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_CHACHA20_POLY1305, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_CHACHA20_POLY1305

Did someone find a way to fix this or at least a workaroud? I can’t even login when using local IP instead of FQDN… TicWatch pro 3 ultra GPS here.

Anyone has managed to connect their wear OS to HA

Yep, works for me on Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, with and without WIFI. It finds my setup, can connect then it directs me to continue on phone where I can assign my favorites.

I’m using SSL secured with letsencrypt cert, with port forwarding for port 443 to the hass box on my router.

Basically the same issue here. Tried enabling Wi-Fi and still got the same issue, but didn’t disable bluetooth on the watch.

On the Wear device settings page there is an old “Manage device Galaxy Watch5 (…)”, tapping it does nothing.

I try initiating a login, either via “Login Wear OS device” on the phone or opening the watch app and tapping my homeassistant.local instance and continuing on phone. After entering the device name I get a “Could not register watch” toast and end up back on the Wear device settings screen. And the “Manage device …” is the same as before, not the new device name I entered.

I have the new pixel watch 2 and was having the same priblem. I was able to log in after disabling “Private DNS” in connectivity settings.

I am not port forwarding and DNS does not resolve from outside so I guess whatever “private” DNS google is using to monitor me wasn’t able to find it.

Just wanted to chime in to confirm that the culprit seems to be DNS.

Setup: Samsung Galaxy S20 (Android 13) + Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 (Wear OS 4)

I have a HA instance that is only accessible from the local network, running SSL under a domain hassio.mydomain.com that is resolved by the DNS present in the network (but not in the public Internet). I could not get the Wear OS app to connect to the instance unless I forced WiFi on the watch - with Bluetooth on it connected without an issue. The moment it got routed via the BT connection - no luck.

I’ve decided to run a small experiment - I’ve added an A record in the public DNS to resolve hassio.mydomain.com to my local IP address e.g. 192.168.1.10 (you don’t need to tell me that this is an anti-pattern) and to my surprise it worked. This means that when the watch tries to access the network over the BT link, it ignores the DNS settings of the network the phone is connected to and uses something hard-coded. Which is a privacy-invading anti-pattern, but there is little we can do about this.

Just as @ng175 mentioned, if your device has any setting related to “Private DNS” disable it - it will prevent your network’s DNS setup from working.

1 Like

extended and working again for me.

i have the same setup, also behind CF, did you got this solved? iw sa working once before i migrated the externall stuff behind a CF tunnel

also behind CF?

No, gave up.

I am using the cloudflare addon, tried all combinations of wifi, bt on/off on both watch and phone, but never got anywhere sadly :frowning:

Hmm it worked without issue some months ago, did something change?

Which device? (Sounds like a weird question)
Phone, Watch, HA app on phone, HA app on watch, HA itself, Pihole, DNS on router. I did try looking but cant seem to find it, and dont know which device to do a deep dive…

I have the same problem with my Pixel5 and Samsung Watch 5Pro.

Can this be fixed?

Hi, I’ve got it working!!!

Turns out the same solution I found to fix casting also fixes it for my Galaxy Watch too.

:grinning: