Cannot see the TTS text input box on mini media player card

Hi all!
I’m using the mini media player card, and I wanted to use the alexa TTS feature as it is shown in many youtube videos across the home assistant community.
I have nabu casa and alexa integrated.
Here’s the card for a sonos media player, along with the respective YML code:

As you can see, the SEND (Enviar in Spanish) button is shown, but I also would expect to see an input text box, so I can perform a TTS query.
Well, for some reason, I cannot see that box.
Any clue?
Thanks in advance,
Roberto.

I’m using the same setting. Stumbling for answers, too.

I am having the same issue. A week ago it was working perfect. Maybe it has to do with an update? I dont know… Maybe anybody else can give more info?

This solution might work. I did not have a chance to test it…

Kind regards,

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately, it didn’t work for me, though.

and I thought it was something I did. Spent the past week going over any changes I made looking for a typo or something.

I have tried it yesterday and for me it worked. First it did not work, but after rebooting home assistant, and refreshing the browser and cleaning the cached files and images from the browser, it worked. Hope this can help you?
Kind regards,

My tts prompt came back this morning all on it’s own without me doing anything. Oh well… one less thing.

Bumping this back up to see if it has magically reappeared for anyone else. It was working great for me for a year then vanished this month. Any new ideas?

Update to my previous post: I just found this: TTS / Text Input Field Disappeared · Issue #103220 · home-assistant/core · GitHub.

Seems like an issue the media player dev will have to fix.

1 Like

Anyone have any luck getting this going again? I’m not a dev so I’m not totally sure I get what the linked fixes are saying. Seems like a fix for the integration developer, but I could be wrong. Any thoughts here? I really miss this feature.