Cannot uninstal HomeAssistant on iPhone

So, I have been doing some testing with different HA installations and have set up one (HA Core) on my VPN (address 10.10.8.20). I have been using it with my iPhone.

Then I decided to use HA OS and and did reinstallation. Now HA is available on my local wifi network, but not through VPN.

However, when I start HA on iOS, it offers me to connect to 10.10.8.20, which is not accessible. But, there is also a button to enter URL manually.

When I try to do this, app just crashes. It crashes immediately when I click on input form for URL.

So I decided to remove app completely (which should also remove the data) and install it again.

Guess what? HA on iOS remembers connection entry to 10.10.8.20!

How is that possible, completely removal of an application should remove its data to. Is this even in accordance with Apple policy?

Try resetting the app in App Configuration.

Can you share the crash log? It’ll be in the system settings app under Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data under Home Assistant. Please share the whole file; you can send it via Dropbox if you’d like.

If it’s showing up when scanning your network, it’s because HA is advertising itself on mDNS/Bonjour. If you previously successfully connected to it, the keychain data for how to connect to an instance isn’t removed from the device when you remove the app. The app is not involved in itself being deleted, this is what Apple chooses to do.

OK, the problem is, I reinstalled “server” completely. So new installation of HA OS is on my local network only, no traces of VPN network whatsoever. How could HA be advertising VPN IP?

Try resetting the app in App Configuration.
On HA iOS App on iPhone? I cannot access any menu on HA app on iOS…

I uploaded the file (crashlog) to Dropbox.

Oh, crap… on iPhone I am using Slovenian language as a primary language. So, I did a small test. I changed primary language to English… rebooted the iPhone, of course. Run HomeAssistant iOS app again, and it did not crash this time. So I was able to enter URL, log into my HA, and happily live forever…

Well, not really. I went to iPhone settings, changed the language to Slovenian again, rebooted AGAIN, and now it is working. :rofl:

Hell of a procedure. I suspect, there is some problem with localization. Hope it will be resolved in next version.

I’m glad you were able to solve it. I believe I fixed all of the cases where a translation may crash the app in the next release. You can grab the latest beta if you’d like to give it a try.

Also for the record, next time you can change an app’s language setting in the system Settings app under that app name.

Yes, but I was unable to go to Settings in app,because it crashed before settings menu is displayed.