Cannot update

Stuck on operating system 11.2 and core 2023.12.3. Neither will update. I do have storage available and saw nothing obscene in the logs.

Also when I try to update it removes recent changes in automations.yaml

Running Raspberry Pi 4

I am having a similar issue on my RPi 4. Current version:

• Core 2024.1.2
  • Supervisor 2023.12.0
  • Operating System 11.3
  • Frontend 20240104.0

I have the noticed that 11.4 is available and installing through the command line or Front end results in a restart but no update. It just stays at version 11.3 after restarting. No related errors in the logs.

1 Like

Looks like you were able to update core. Mine will not update. I wonder if there is a particular order for update. Core than OS?

I always do core before OS. I also did the updates from the terminal:

ha core update
hs os update

Just updated to 2024.1.3 core successfully then tried to update the OS and somehow it downgraded me to 11.1 when trying to update to 11.4.

I’m thinking about doing a fresh install on a new microsd, then restoring everything except os and core. Worth a shot.

I did just try this yesterday with no luck. Partial restore just hangs the system :sweat_smile:

Just updated to 11.5 and it worked, no changes, just tried it on a whim!

Aaaand it failed updating to 12.1 and rolled back to 11.3. I’m just gonna curl up into a ball and roll around now. :sweat_smile:

-EDIT-

For anyone following this thread I ended up giving up on the PI4. I ran a full backup and rebuilt everything on an x84-64 N100 mini PC and everything works like a charm.