Cannot View 'Overview'

Not for me.

Same issue here after updating to 11.5 (I jumped from 9.2 to 11.5 because I’ve been busy and didn’t have time to do updates and debug issues for the past couple months). No Tuya and No Hue integration on mine either.

supervisor-2021.12.1

Still have the same error:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'n[0].toUpperCase')

I have the same error. I have tried disabling all mentioned integrations, updated all custom cards (only have a couple very common ones)…

Any tips on debugging?

I experienced this issue today on my installation too.

Since this clearly seems like a bug, I created an issue for this on the frontend component: https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/11789

1 Like

Thanks Heine,

I had several Hue lamps that had a space behind the name. After removing the spaces, all works fine again.

1 Like

I am getting the below after the Tuya integration. I renamed all the entities to remove any kinda space but still the issue persists. I am on HA 8

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'toUpperCase')

Any news how to fix this? I can’t remove this error

Also now having this issue - Any ideas?

I’m having the same error with nothing showing in the logs, any help would be much appreciated.

Its happened to me a few times. Happens when I have 2 entities/areas/zones that have the same name. Human error but when I rename one of them to something else, restart homeassistant, everything works fine. eg. A switch called “Conservatory” and I create an area named “Conservatory” and the “Overview” crashes with the above error.

6 Likes

Well you are absolutely right! I had this issue since 2021.11.0 and am now on 2022.7.5. Issue still persisted throughout the updates. Saw your post today and I too have areas and entities sharing the same name (Bathroom / Kitchen / Living Room). I renamed these areas and restarted. Overview now working! Thanks for the find mate!

3 Likes

I had the problem, after adding Somfy products via Overkiz.

The solution: Each of the activated entities in the dashboard must have a name. Confusing is, that it looks as if the entity has a name in the overall device / entity list. But if you open the device property dialog, you see that the name is empty. Fill it, and the error message disappears and the dashboard becomes available again. Hope it helps. Cheers, Mike

I’ve had the same issue

“TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘toUpperCase’)”

A newly added HUE lightbulb had a space, removed it and the dashboard worked again.

This is the way. Thank you thank you thank you. JFC, never would have found that (unless i went scorched earth and deleted everything (i was about to))

You are the man! I had this bug for serveral months now and couldn’t find the solution until I did read ur post. I had 2 entities sharing the same name with areas, renamed and all its working

So for me this issue is in setting up my helper for a group. When I am setting up the group of lights for my living room ceiling fan I have this issue only when I assign the area. I take them out of that area and my Dashboard comes back.
So I deleted the group and added it back with all devices in the same area and now my dashboard is back as normal.
Just a little info to help in the troubleshooting.

F.Y.I. Had this error also for several month and managed to solve it today…

1. Check your entities for doubled names.
  2. In case you find doubles - dig deeper :wink:

For 1 - I used hints from…

I guess the simplest solution is described here …

I did it the hard way :wink: I extracted a backup of my home assistant system

Folder not 100% sure
homeassistant\data.storage\core.config_entries
File 100% sure
core.config_entries

…and used the yaml to table converter described here…

To get my data into MSExcel … There I used the “find doubles function” from Excel to identify my fritzbox (router) to be the one with 2 entries with the same name

For 2 - I googled the Fritzbox Integration of Home Assistant… found out, that Fritzbox Tools was moved into the HA Core at some time… disabled one of the Fritzbox Devices and voila… Overview Page is now working (Ctrl + F5 in your Browser if it is not working directly)

Hope that helps… I posted my solution because I googled my problem and found this thread to be one of the first answers…

I am also having same issue resolve it by again commeting the below details:
in this file : sudo nano desktop/conf/pseudo-distributed.ini

Host where HiveServer2 is running.

##hive_server_host=localhost

Port where HiveServer2 Thrift server runs on.

##hive_server_port=10000
##hrift_version=7

(** Below the [[[hive]]] section of [[interpreters]] of [notebook], uncomment:)

##name=Hive
##interface=hiveserver2

This solved it for me, used the same name for a device (from the HUE integration) and an area. Changing the device in the HUE app fixed it for me!