Cannot View 'Overview'

On 2021.11.1 and I can no longer view the ‘Overview’ of all my devices. When I click overview I receive the following message:

Error loading the view strategy:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'n[0].toUpperCase')
2 Likes

I have the same issue… my messsage is:
Error loading the view strategy:

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘toUpperCase’)

Updated to 11.2. No change. I still receive the same error message.

I’m seeing the same issue on 2021.11.2

Following. Same issue for me. Can’t see anything in the logs that indicates why :frowning:

Same here. On 2021.11.3 and since 2021.11.0. Nothing in the logs.

Using custom cards ? Update them.

On further inspection, the log does show that - atleast for me it’s the new Tuya Integration is the cause - Disabled it and dashboard is now working - I think I saw somewhere that there was a major update between 2021.10 an 2021.11 on how entities were brought in from Tuya to home assistant, because I remember thinking I may have to set up the integration again.

I do not have a Tuya integration.

Neither do I have a Tuya integration. And I do not have any custom cards in Overview. It is the untouched default Overview.

Me as well. I did mean to mention that I do not have any custom cards.

11.4 – still cannot view.

Same issue. I narrowed it down to the Hue integration. The moment I disable Hue integration and reboot, the overview works again.
Not sure what to do next, as the logs don’t show anything.

Not for me.

Same issue here after updating to 11.5 (I jumped from 9.2 to 11.5 because I’ve been busy and didn’t have time to do updates and debug issues for the past couple months). No Tuya and No Hue integration on mine either.

supervisor-2021.12.1

Still have the same error:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'n[0].toUpperCase')

I have the same error. I have tried disabling all mentioned integrations, updated all custom cards (only have a couple very common ones)…

Any tips on debugging?

I experienced this issue today on my installation too.

Since this clearly seems like a bug, I created an issue for this on the frontend component: https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/11789

1 Like

Thanks Heine,

I had several Hue lamps that had a space behind the name. After removing the spaces, all works fine again.

1 Like

I am getting the below after the Tuya integration. I renamed all the entities to remove any kinda space but still the issue persists. I am on HA 8

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'toUpperCase')