Can't access HA on app or computer

New user - Home Assistant Green. Plugged into my modem directly.

In the app…
a) Select your Home Assistant Server - it never comes up with anything.
b) Enter address manually - “Unable to connect to HA: Server or proxy hostname lookup failed, please check that the URL is a valid HA URL”

On the computer…
a) http://homeassistant.local:8123 “refused to connect”

I’ve tried two different computers and two different phones, have tried both 5GHz and 2.4GHz. Chrome and Edge on both. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app on two different phones, reset both phones and both computers, hard reset HA Green and reset the modem.

I also have Fing and the IP address HA is putting out is 192.168.1.11 and that won’t connect. I don’t use a proxy.

I AM STUCK!!

try http://192.168.1.11:8123 from a browser, make sure your computer has an IP in the 192.168.1.X range.

Try connecting a display to the green and see if there are any hints there.

Hi - New (ish) user here too…

A mate has gifted me a new HA homebuild box - a fresh install… I am having the same issues as OP.

Connecting monitor to HA box and all is good. The boot sequence flows through nice and quickly, and then the screen shows that IP for enp0s31f6 is 192.168.1.115/24. it also confirms that I can connect over IP4 to port 8123. I am connected to my network over cat5.

All as expected.

However, I cannot connect to the box from my network…

1. On my PC (LAN - over wired network) I try homeassistant.local:8123 AND have tried 192.168.1.115:8123, but get the same response as OP (refused to connect).

2. when I use the app on my phone (wifi, same network), firstly it cannot find it by scanning for servers, and then when I use the ip address, it fails to connect, but returns Error Code: NSURLErrorDomain - 1004.

I can ping from my pc and find the box, and can find it using Fing.

I have checked my router and there are no port forwarding/proxy rules etc.

Anyone any suggestions?

to both of you: can you connect to the supervisor correctly? same IP as HA but port 4357.

Hi @fleskefjes - I can!

Supervisor: Connected:
Supported: Supported
Healthy: Healthy