Can't access hass.io menu in GUI

When I click on the hass.io menu on the bottom left of my gui I get the following error in a pop-up window.

Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.

I’m also unable to access SSH or FTP. I found this topic but that solution does not work for me. This is my secrets.yaml file content. I do not use secrets.yaml to store my passwords, yet.

# Use this file to store secrets like usernames and passwords.
# Learn more at https://home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/secrets/
http_password: welcome
test: test

Any idea how to fix this?

I saw a github issue about this. I think it’s fixed with the latest supervisor. I assume that is a blank/default secrets? You can try deleting the secrets file - I believe that was the solution until the supervisor updates.

I tried deleting the secrets file and restarting. That didn’t solve it. If this will be corrected automatically in the next day or two I’ll just wait it out. I just figured that I would have to do something to update Hassio in order for it to be fixed, correct?

According to the github issue it’s fixed in Supervisor 188

I’m not familiar with what supervisor is. Do I need to do anything to update to 188?

It should update automatically. Supervisor controls the whole hass.io system… It’s a service that starts the supervisor, home assistant and dns containers and keeps them running.

Thanks, I’ll just wait for that to update with the fix.

Hi there,

I faced the same issue on my installation (newest version). How can I fix it?

During initial setup, I configured the configurator to appear on the sidebar. The configurator entry is now also not visible.

You probably didn’t install hassio and installed home assistant. Or alternatively, are you running default_config: in configuration (or do you have discovery: or hassio: in there)?

I installed the Home Assistant image for RPI 4. Then I installed configurator from hass.io. With this I configured access to my Homematic CCU2 which was successful. Then I installed and configured DuckDNS to access Home Assistant from remote - also was successful. I set auto-update for DuckDNS to ON. Everything was ok until this morning, when the error occured.

When the hass.io page worked I noticed, that reboot of the PI did not work. I had to power-off the PI and power on again.
SSH is working properly.

Since I did not get any helpful hint I re-flashed the original image and did a new setup without auto-update enabled for the ssh and duckDNS addon.