Cant add matter device - new to HA

Hey I’m new to Home Assistant. I have installed it on my Unraid Server as a Virtual Machine. I’ve added the matter integration and downloaded the HA app. After turning the device on (WiZ Smart Bulb) and scanning the QR code with my phone the HA app tells me that it cant connect the device with my network and recommends me to connect my phone with the 2.4 GHz band as some matter devices don’t support 5 GHz. I’ve changed my WiFi settings to only 2.4 GHz and it still doesn’t work.
my WiFi settings: Screenshot by Lightshot
my Network settings: Screenshot by Lightshot
I have a Unifi system.

1 Like

Matter is… Well matter.

We’re far from the just. Plug it in and it works. Stage.

You’ve already covered most matter wifi stuff doesn’t like 2.4 Ghz. But that’s only for basic connectivity.

Then you also MUST have ipv6 (at least a link local, (you don’t show that in your unifi config nor do you say whether it’s enabled in HA) I have mine set to actually setup a proper routable subnet but dhcp defaults for UniFi should be ok) enabled for the network segment you’re using. And at least for now the devices must also be in the same subnet.

Then beyond that there’s a lot of issues between credential sharing etc that means it matters (pun not intended) to what Kind of smartphone you’re using the HA app on
(android / ios and version). So what are you using there