Can't add Matter devices (stuck on Checking network connectivity)

So I just set up a new ha install on my new RPi 5. Decided to do a complete fresh install, re-paired my Zigbee lightbulbs just fine, added the ZBT-1 which installed OpenThread Border router, following which I added the Matter integration.

Reset my first Thread device (a smart plug) and tried pairing it to the new thread network.

Gets stuck at the last step “Checking network connectivity to MyWifi” :frowning:

ipv6 is enabled and it was working just fine an hour ago on my 3B+ :confused:

Any ideas?

So it seems related to the Android phone?

I tried clearing google store services and resyncing credentials, didn’t help :confused:

Edit: Also my android phone is not finding any thread networks:

But home assistant shows one network with a key next to it.

Okay so as I said I tried clearing “Google store” services not the “Google Play services” as described.
I’ve since done so, but now I’m getting “Matter is currently unavailable” error when trying to add a device sigh

Looking at the CLI I’m getting this error when trying to install OTBR anew (or stopping the addon after a reboot)

I tried unplugging the Sonoff and using the ZBT-1 by itself in an unpowered usb hub (where the sonoff is supposed to be) and the provided 0.5m cable and I tried two different USB ports.

Help? :frowning:

Solved it! :smiley: It was an Android issue after all. Had to do some wizardly (I don’t even know what I didn’t try, tried installing Google Home as suggested in one of their docs, looks like that triggered Matter back into action after wiping google play services data. Looks like Matter itself was disabled on the Android side.

Off to the races!

Edit: Also, looks like the web flasher is unavailable as of yesterday.

Google Home = Google Matter.

The way pairing is working looks like Google first pairs the device to new Matter fabric and then joins that Matter fabric with HA, so the Android device needs Matter functionality to do it.

foundthe solution with a bleutooth adapter. See an other post of me.

Disabling OTBR firewall did helped me tremendously:
https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/1sjbl22/comment/og35h1v/

This video solved it for me https://youtu.be/mMQubi-sa5c (from 5:30)

Turns out I had IPv6 disabled in the HA network settings. Set it to Automatic and my devices connected immediately!

I'm glad I scrolled to the bottom and found your comment. IPv6 was disabled in my network settings as well.

Something fun I might add that may help someone in the future. I was actually getting this as well when attempting to pair some new Matter over thread devices to my network, and turns out my Pixel Watch being connected to my phone via bluetooth was disrupting the handshake process eventually resulting in erroring out my addition. The moment I disconnected my pixel watch from my phone's bluetooth the process picked up as normal and added the device in Home Assistant.