Cant Connect To Home Assistant after Power outage

Had a power outage about an hour ago, and every since it came back on, I haven’t been able to connect to HA.

DuckDNS just cant be resolved, The IOS app just says “request timed out”, and when i try directly through https i get a login prompt, but after entering credentials, i get “Home assistant cant be reached”…

I’m out of things to try here. Ive restarted everything and pinged everything… oddly though, pinging the dedicated HA IP alone gets results, but with the port 8123 it doesn’t.

Any ideas?

Can you access through Samba? I find that often when we have a power outage I can’t access the web interface but I can access through Samba.

I’ve found, and read, that having Chromecast devices and Google Home’s connected can cause issues with restarting. Either through SSH (I have no experience here) or through Samba I go to the core.device_registry file and delete the entries for my Chromecast and Googe Homes and then restart HA. The Google devices will reconnect automatically after restarting.

Hopefully you have backups in case it goes bad though :slight_smile:

If you have either a working samba or ssh, check the homeassistant.log file. That would probably give you the information you need to go further.

Ping doesn’t work with a port. Never will.

What kind of install did you do? On which hardware? Do you have a recent snapshot of your config?

It turned out to be IOS Companion Specific on my watch, phone, and pad. I could log in via MacBook though. I went through the logs and didn’t see any flag, or even login attempts from the other devices.

I kept searching the forum and as a last Hail Mary someone suggested a hard reboot of my router and modem. Turns out, that fixed it.

This is probably the 5th issue I’ve had with the IOS companion apps. I gotta find another medium to use on my IOS devices.

But everything’s gravy now. Thanks for the suggestions.

Could you share the link of this process? This happens to me quite frequently that HASSIO rejects the connection whenever I have a power outage and I end up flashing a new image and then loading a backup. This takes 1-2hrs and solving it by removing some chromecast entries would be much easier