Can't connect to my Enphase Envoy. Any advice?

I have a solar installation with an Enphase Envoy. The installer configured it with WWAN interface, gave me username+password (username is my email address) and I can log in via the app and enlighten.enphaseenergy.com.

However, I just can’t get the HA integration to work. I always get “Failed to connect”:

I have been told already that I need to connect it locally. So I created virtual ESSID and connected it locally, over a separate subnet. I can ping the Envoy and access the web portal.

I have tried usernames “envoy” and “installer” with blank passwords as well as “envoy” and the last 6 digits of the serial number. I have also tried the enphase username/passwort that was assigned my the installer (the one where the username is my email address). Every attempt just says “Failed to connect”.

Can anyone help me?

Use the hacs integration. The ha integration doesn’t work with the latest Enphase firmware.

Thanks!
My firmware is D7.3.120 – is this the latest one?

I did not find any in HACS repository but I found this one GitHub - jrutski/home_assistant_envoy_d7_fw: Update for D7 based firmware on Envoy gateways which I added to HACS. Is this the repo you mean?

Unfortunately still no luck. This firmware has a field without description and a checkmark without description. What am I supposed to enter into all of these fields?

I tried entering my Enphase username/password and the IQ Gateway serial number into the field without description but still no luck…

Yes, that is the integration i meant. Should work. Could your theme mess up the form? Otherwise search this forum for the right way to fill in the form. Because it is widely spoken about.

@dydx, have you been able to get this working? I have the same, an additional field and checkbox without description when configuring the integration. Was wondering if that additional field might be for token authentication…

Edit: Just figured out that the default value of the unlabeled field is the gateway serial nr (which i have removed prior to taking the screenshot)

Check this:

I would suggest to use the repo from posixx or brian, both contain recent changes which might be needed for future HA version.

The checkbox is to use enlighten credentials, you always need to check it.

1 Like

will give it a test on my dev system… need to make sure jumping from 1 codebase to another doesn’t wipe out my energy data/stats ( do not believe it would…but thats the point of testing)

thanks for info

I also have a 7.xx Enphase installation.
I migrated (for various reasons) yesterday to
GitHub - posixx/home_assistant_custom_envoy

Install this using HACS (procedures described on many locations).
Once it recognizes your Enphase unit, you will get the regular notification. Select to configure it.
The configuration window shows at the top the ip-address. The serial number of the unit is either pre-filled, or you fill it out manually. And here is the trick: User credentials are your Enlighten user-id and password, and do not forget to click the “USe enlighten” box.

Works like a charm here, and you have the 30 seconds update interval.

grtz
John

I eventually I also got it working. Not sure anymore what I’ve done.

I’m having the same issue as OP here. Don’t have HACS or any custom integrations, just trying to use the default out-of-the-box HA integration … not sure why we need all these custom HACS ones when there’s a default? If the default doesn’t work anymore, shouldn’t it be removed?

Anyway, in my case I certainly know the hostname on my network (envoy.home) which resolves to its DHCP IP address and it responds to pings. But no combination of “envoy” or “installer” as username, or blank or the last 6 of our SN works as password.

The default addon works perfectly for people with old firmware or old Enphase devices. If you have a new device with new firmware you need the GitHub / hacs one. It’s as simple as that.

Check your firmware, if it starts with D7, then you cannot use the default built-in HA integration.

In this case, you must use the integration from HACS. My suggestion is to use the one from “posixx”.

HA built-in integration only support older firmware (D5.*???). Most probably HA developers don’t have newer firmware so they don’t update the integration.

Any suggestions for data continuity? My solar production for the day was accurate until an hour ago when it became “unavailable” and the integration showed errors. I noticed my firmware now starts with D7, so I changed to the HACS suggestion above. Now my daily total is 0.

My installation was working great until last night. It gave me retrying setup: Could not connect or determine envoy model. Check that the device is up at http://10.0.0.3

This is super frustrating how integrations just fail after a while with home assistant. I tried rebooting the envoy. The IP is right, since I can see it when I log into 10.0.0.3 with my credentials. I have rebooted HA and eventually tried to reinstall the integration. Now I am at the log in step and it’s no longer working. It kills me that one day it’s fine, and the next day I am at square 1 again. Does the host field need the “http://” at the beginning ?

1 Like

Did you check the gateway? If it’s disconnected from the cloud.

I had this kind of issue, where the Enphase integration cannot connect. When that happens, I see the gateway have issues connecting to the cloud. I could login to the Enlighten app, but in the app would show the last report would be older than 15 minutes. Sometimes this happened longer, like few hours.

My gateway is Enphase Envoy S Metered and it got disconnected several times.

I panicked at first, reinstalled and it didn’t work. Nowadays, I leave it, it would reconnect eventually :joy:

I’ve had the Hacs integration for Envoy working great Since 1/2023. After upgrading Hassio to 2023.4.6 the Envoy integration via hacs no longer worked. I removed the Envoy and reinstalled it. Entered my credentials, it showed “success”. Going to the “integration” menu in hassio, it shows an error and to configure. The ip and serial # were already populated. I re-entered the user name and password and checked the “enlighten” box only resulting in an error.

I was able to restore hassio to the previous and the enlighten app now works.

Good luck!

Which HA version are you running now?

I’m running 2023.3.6. I think I will stay with this version for now.

Home Assistant Core 2023.4.6 is the latest version that I’ve been able to keep everything working.
Home Assistant Core 2023.5.0 was shown in my Hassio after my last post. It also failed to work when I installed it. I’m back to version 2023.4.6

2 Likes

There was a new update almost daily for a few days. I’m currently at 2023.5.1, Envoy continues to not work.