Can't connect ZHA to Conbee II

Hi everyone,

I have my ConBee II currently configured via deCONZ but I would like to try ZHA for simplicity. I have installed Home Assistant in a Docker container in Ubuntu, and have tried to add the integration via the GUI, where I get the error that /dev/ttyACM0 can’t be found, and also by modifying the configuration.yaml file like this:

zha:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  radio_type: deconz
  database_path: /config/zigbee.db

In this case, the error I can see in my logs looks like this:

Error setting up entry /dev/ttyACM0 for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 244, in open
    self.fd = os.open(self.portstr, os.O_RDWR | os.O_NOCTTY | os.O_NONBLOCK)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/ttyACM0'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 192, in async_setup
    hass, self
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/__init__.py", line 107, in async_setup_entry
    await zha_gateway.async_initialize()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 114, in async_initialize
    await radio.connect(usb_path, baudrate)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 198, in connect
    self._uart = await uart.connect(device, DECONZ_BAUDRATE, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/uart.py", line 120, in connect
    xonxoff=False,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 120, in coro
    res = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial_asyncio/__init__.py", line 410, in create_serial_connection
    ser = serial.serial_for_url(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial/__init__.py", line 88, in serial_for_url
    instance.open()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 247, in open
    raise SerialException(msg.errno, "could not open port {}: {}".format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/ttyACM0: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/ttyACM0'

I have verified that the device is listed under /dev, have changed its permissions and as I said above, it does work with deCONZ. I have also removed modemmanager to avoid interferences with it. The firmware is the latest one.

I’ve run out of ideas and I don’t know what I can do next. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Have you the added Conbee to the docker container?

Here is my docker compose example:

homeassistant:
    container_name: home-assistant
    image: homeassistant/home-assistant
    volumes:
      - /data1/services/homeassistant:/config
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    environment:
      - PUID=1003
      - PGID=1003
    restart: always
    network_mode: host
    devices:
      - /dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0

Exactly, I forgot to add the device… :man_facepalming: thanks!