Can't discover devices in docker

Hi community,

My HA inside a docker container doesn’t discover any devices (or my esp32). I can only add it manually via ip address. I made sure i’m running with network=host and also shelled into the docker container and confirmed that ip address lists the interfaces exactly like the host.

• ping esp32test2.local doesn’t resolve from inside docker. Whereas it resolves fine on the host system.
  • apt install avahi-tools → apt seems to be not installe :frowning: Thought this is an ubuntu based image !?
  • how does the discovery work then normally ? Maybe it’s because i have multiple network interfaces and only one if them is my wifi network.
  • Also this post says, there is some “hass.io” or “HassIO” docker container that has the supervisor included. But i can’t find any official information about that.

Sorry, so many questions at once but i hope somebody can clear me up on all these questions. Thaaanks !!

No, it‘s not (it‘s Alpine Linux actually), but no matter what, any packages installed after container creation will be gone by the next update. That’s how container work.

Ok, thx, yes it was just meant for testing purposes anyway. And i stumbled upon “uname -a” actually shows the distro version of the host (not container) - strange so i thought it was ubuntu.

Also i figured out that clearing the config folder and giving the host only one network interface makes it work.