Can't discover HomeKit devices

Finally solved a long running issue I had and wanted to leave some breadcrumbs in case someone else has the same issue.

I’m running Home Assistant on a linux server via Docker Compose.

I got an Ikea Dirigera to control the blinds in my office. I found the general instructions (get it on wifi, connect via HomeKit) but couldn’t make it work. I was able to use iOS to connect it to HomeKit on my iPad, but never could discover it within my Home Assistant installation. Whatever, all I want is to open/close them at a time of day, I can do that from the IKEA app.

Recently I got an ecobee thermostat that I want to control. Same issue. It’s on wifi, ready to connect to HomeKit but Home Assistant can’t find it.

I look at my docker-compose and see that at some point I had played with the networking permissions:

version: '3'
services:
  homeassistant:
    container_name: homeassistant
    image: "ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable"
    volumes:
      - /home/djperron/docker-compose/home-assistant/config:/config
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    restart: unless-stopped
    #privileged: true
    #network_mode: host
    ports:
      - 8123:8123

Well, maybe that’s worth trying again. So I remove the comment and have network_mode: host and execute docker-compose restart. No dice. :thinking:

Then I tried docker-compose down

Removing network home-assistant_default

Hey, maybe we’re making progress
docker-compose up -d

Creating network "home-assistant_default" with the default driver

And now suddenly everything works (and I have pages of other newly discovered devices).

Hope this helps someone out there! (and I had to remove the ikea hub from homekit on the ipad to connect it to home assistant)

solved above