Can't Find home Assistant Container in Docker

Hello, recently my raspberry pi doesn’t want to boot up so i decided to install home assistant in my old laptop with intel atom processor and 2GB of RAM. This laptop is running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

I watched the tutorial on installing home assistant using docker like here and here. I also installed portainer on my machine. But after installation i can’t find my home assistant container in the docker.

Was there any step i miss? Any suggestion what should I do? Thanks

Click on the ‘images’ tab, what is in there?

Is this the Portainer addon? If it is, then that addon hides the home assistant containers by default.

I don’t know if it’s addon or not, i just followed the step provided by juanmtech tutorial. I’m a bit new in this docker things, sorry.
If it’s hidden, why can’t i access the frontend using the server’s IP address with the port 8123 at the end? Thanks.

I found the home assistant image.

But when i clicked, it shows error like this

Is it the reason why i can’t access home assistant frontend? thanks.

I don’t know if that’s a typo, but it’s port 8123, not 823. And if you installed portainer via the addon, as DavidFW1960 said, it hides the Home Assistant containers.

My bad, it’s a typo. I mean port 8123. Thanks for the correction.

I installed the portainer by following tutorial over here. It says to run

docker run -d -p 9000:9000 \
--name portainer \
--restart always \
-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
-v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer

and i just run it. Sorry i’m a bit new in this docker things. I also run

docker ps -a

but i am also not able to find home assistant over there.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

it seems the home assistant supervised installation never finished. Just try to install again.

Did you check what ubuntu version you did install ? It does not work on a 32bit installation.

I used Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bit. So it should be no problem, isn’t it? I should just reinstall the home assistant supervised installation, right?

I think so.

I tried to reinstall home assistant, but it’s not working. Thanks for the advice

I installed my 3 homeassistant servers on dietpi as mentioned in the official documentation. Had no problems. Ubuntu is also a Debian fork, however it is already quite old. Why did you not install 18lts?

I tried to install Ubuntu 18.04LTS on my intel atom laptop, but the installation process always freeze at some point and won’t continue. So i decided to installed 16.04LTS.

Anyway it’s solved. I assume that i installed wrong package. I install docker.io package instead of docker-ce package. I don’t know whether it gives this effect or not. Someone post it on reddit, it seems that he also had the same problem with me, so i decided to follow his guide. Over there, he said that he also not sure if installing docker.io instead of docker-ce really matters.

Can you explain to me, does it really matter? Thanks.

The official documentation points to docker-ce, so I think it matters.

Okay so it’s clear then, thanks so much for the help and advice :+1:

Ah and also i have question, can you help me to answer it? What is the difference of installing home assistant with tutorial over here and here. Thanks

The first one installs home assistant core, the second installs home assistant supervised.