Can't find new device?

I don’t see why that would happen. Everything should be stored and then restored when the power is back on.

Which entity settings are you referring to exactly? the ones in the zwave control panel section?

either way those settings shouldn’t need reset.

Which entity settings are you referring to exactly? the ones in the zwave control panel section?
Yes.
When I power it down, I have to go in manually and reset entity #4.

P.s. I have to head of for dinner in a few, so I’lll be able to reply tomorrow.

Sorry, there has been so much confusion in this thread so could you please recap for me which parameters you are changing in the zwave control panel and why you are changing them?

So when I power on the pi, HA boots up, but Entity Node 4 has to be set manually in “Z Wave Node Management”

Setting it here

After being set.

What are you changing there to get it to show up?

I set the empty drop downs to this:
and… In the 2nd screen shot, there is a sensitivity level I set to 8 (not included in this screenshot).

That’s my question…

Which of the drop downs are you saying are “empty”?

they should all be empty until you select a node. Then others will be empty until you select an entity associated with the node or a parameter value of the node that you want to change.

That is correct, they are All empty and I have to set them once I turn my RPI on.
How can they but “on”/set without having to set them in the UI?

OK, I am really not getting thru to you at all…

First off, you really need to stop turning your pi off. It’s been almost two months since we have started on this. If you don’t trust your Pi to stay on all the time by now then I doubt you ever will.

If you don’t want the pi running all of the time then you will never ever be able to use it as a home automation system. If you don’t ever use it as a home automation system then there is no point in continuing on with this because it will never get used for the intended purpose.

you need to decide if you really want HA to run as a home automation system. If you do then leave the pi on. If you don’t want to leave the pi on then you need to stop wasting your (and my) time trying to get something running that you won’t ever use.

I really (obviously…) don’t mind helping but I don’t want to waste my time if the end result is not going to be used.

But to continue on with the main issue…

of course they are all empty. you have to select them for them not to be empty.

let’s try this a different way.

Here is what my Zwave config area looks like when I first open it up. See, none of the drop downs are filled in:

then when I select a node then there are more drop downs that are empty until I select them:

then when I select (for example) the node config options it will be empty until I select a parameter to change. Then iot shows me what the parameter setting is and it’s current value:

At what point in the above sequence are you saying “they are all empty” and that you “have to set them”?

All of those settings that you could change in any of the configuration drop downs SHOULD NOT CHANGE until you tell them to change. rebooting/restarting shouldn’t be causing them to change. If they really are changing then you have another problem. BUT I really don’t think that is the issue.

You know at this point maybe I really do need to get into your system to see what’s going one so we stop going in circles on this. you mentioned before about using Chrome Remote Desktop. I’ve never used it but I just looked at it and it seems to be fairly straight forward.

If you still want me to do that I can. Just PM me the access code and we can work out a way that we can coordinate our time.

I do appreciate your help and it’s not in vain.
I don’t leave my RPI on because I have been hacked and keep getting hacked. My phone is being hacked, my desktop at work has been hacked and my other laptop has been hacked. At some point I will leave my RPI on after some security measures I plan to set up.

But getting back to the UI…
" At what point in the above sequence are you saying “they are all empty” and that you “have to set them”?
Reply: They are empty once I power the RPI back on. Maybe the on board memory last only a few hours? I leave it off overnight or even days. It’s on when I tinker with it only.

“All of those settings that you could change in any of the configuration drop downs SHOULD NOT CHANGE until you tell them to change. rebooting/restarting shouldn’t be causing them to change. If they really are changing then you have another problem. BUT I really don’t think that is the issue.”
Reply: I thought they would NOT Change after saving the settings,BUT once the RPI is powered off and then I go back in few hours later or days later, it’s as if nothing was saved?? I have to do it all over again.

I’m in Arizona -7 UTC. I am available Sunday, most of the day.

but you are only having a problem with one node (the tri-sensor), correct? None of the other nodes are losing the settings are they? If not then I doubt it’s a volatile memory problem.

true. good point