Can't find notify for Mobile App integration

Hi - New to Home Assistant, so thanks in advance for your help.

I have successfully added a sensor for my WeatherLink account, and I would like to send a notification to my iPhone when the temperature crosses a threshold.

My current problem is that although I have successfully loaded Home Assistant Companion on my phone, and I can see my device and 11 entities from the Home Assistant browser interface, I cannot find the notify entity. I see one device_tracker entity and 10 sensor entities.

I have removed the device and reinstalled it, but that didn’t change anything.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.
Thanks!

Just to clarify, there is no notification entity anywhere. Not just under Mobile App. Do I need to add an integration?

Currently, most notification integrations do not have notification entities. Each notifier has its own service that can be called. You can see and test the available services in the Services tool. For mobile app notifiers the service will be along the lines of notify.mobile_app_your_phone_name.

Only a small number of simple notification integrations have been updated to use notification entities and the notify.send_message service. More integrations will be transitioned in the future as the requirements of making it work for more complex notifiers are figured out.

Notification Documentation

3 Likes

Hi,

Here’s a skeleton in YAML, but note you can create this all from the GUI…

alias: Over temperature alarm
description: ""
trigger:
  - type: temperature
    platform: device
    device_id: YOURSENSOR
    domain: sensor
    above: 35
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 10
      seconds: 0
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.notify
    metadata: {}
    data:
      title: Over temperature alarm
        The temperature is {{ states('sensor.TEMPEXAMPLE') + "
        at " + as_timestamp(now())|timestamp_custom('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M') }}.
mode: single

If this helps, :heart: this post

1 Like

Thanks so much. I’m now successfully sending notifications to my phone. You saved me hours of messing around!

1 Like