Can't get Axis 216FD camera to configure in HASISO

The camera is automatically detected by HASSIO and I click on configure

I enter the relevant details and no luck

I see in the logs an error message:-

> 2017-10-22 21:31:27 ERROR (SyncWorker_14) [axis] HTTP error: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: http://x.x.x.x:80/axis-cgi/param.cgi?action=list&group=Properties.Firmware.Version

Turns out the data that HASSIO is looking for is here :-

> http://x.x.x.x/axis-cgi/admin/param.cgi?action=list&group=Properties.Firmware.Version

Any help on where to go next with this please?

I believe the old series of Axis cameras 211FD 216FD are not supported by the component as they dont have the vapix api.
You would need to use the standard camera module and point it to the axis 216 mjpeg rtsp url.

They definitely had Vapix back then. But it might be Vapix 2 and it might be that the firmware version parameter didn’t exist back then. I’ve rewritten stuff in the library so I don’t think that is used any more. But no date for when the PR will be merged.

You can check in plain config what parameters exist and I can try to take that into consideration before PR is done

/R

Not sure what you mean by check in plain config?

Happy to get whatever I can to help, if you can explain in more detail.

In the device web gui go to Setup->System Options->Advanced->Plain Config

then look in the parameter group properties and look for firmware version

/R

Is this what you need?
> Properties Firmware:
> Build number: 1
> Build date: Mar 26 2015 12:38
> Version: 4.47.6

BTW I got the camera to display on HASSIO using the MJPEG camera component. Updates every 10 seconds or so in ‘normal’ view and then streams at a higher framerate but lower res when you click on it.

Ok. So there might be something small breaking. Must dig out an old camera to test then…

The Axis component also use the mjpeg camera in the back end. I’ve done it like this to not need double configuration of device. But then ofc it must work… :slight_smile:

The newest PR has been merged so if you’d be so kind to test the component after next release to see if there is any difference I’d be happy. If you still encounter issues after that I will look into it

Thanks. I will watch out for the next HASSIO update.

1 Like

Did anything change? I forgot to try this out with an old device.

No nothing changed. It says “Failed to register, please try again.”

Log output:-

2017-11-27 21:35:16 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [axis.vapix] HTTP error: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: http://192.168.0.94:80/axis-cgi/param.cgi?action=list&group=Properties.System.SerialNumber
2017-11-27 21:35:16 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.components.axis] Couldn't connect to 192.168.0.94

Regards

Allright, I will have a look within a couple of weeks. Trying to finish another delivering another component.

No problem, in no hurry. Just grateful someone knows how to do it!

If you need any more information let me know and I will help where I can.

1 Like

Just need to find an old camera, and some time :wink:

Sorry for the long delay, I’ve gotten an old Axis camera up and running just now and I can see that it is a different path to the serial number. I am hopeful that this will fixed for next release (0.63)

No problem. Not getting too much time to play with Hassio myself much lately either.

I will look out for the next release

I’ve investigated this a bit more and I’ve realised that there will be too much extra stuff to support vapix 2 devices just to do some parameter checks. you’re better of using the mjpeg camera component directly instead.

OK. Thanks for letting me know. I will use the mjpeg camera component as you suggest.