Can't get docker container to run on RaspberryPi3

After following the docker install (https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/docker/) on Rpi I just can’t get the container to start.
Could somebody give me a pointer to what I’m missing? ( of course I already googled for a couple of hours ;-).

I’m trying to run it with
sudo docker run --init -d --name="home-assistant" -e "TZ=America/New_York" -v /home/pi/homeassistant:/config --net=host homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:stable

With the result

pi@testpi:~ $ docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                             COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS                       PORTS               NAMES
c37fbc9e957a        homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:stable   "/init"             13 seconds ago      Exited (129) 8 seconds ago                       home-assistant

And the container log is

pi@testpi:~/homeassistant $ docker logs home-assistant 
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: exited 267.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

My docker install should be fine, as I’m able to run a test container.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Like

I’ve got exactly the same issue. Any ideas for troubleshooting just let me know how I can help.

To be honest, I’ve already given up trying to setup HA via docker on RaspberryPi. I thought this was the only way to get a vpn server on the same system (through pivpn), but with the excellent add-on WireGuard ( thanks Frenck!), hass.io is the best way to get that done.

Dare I suggest a Venv for HA.