Cant get HA to load in VM due to cpu stall?

i cant get home assistant to work in a windows VM after the update
i keep getting the error https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/705503647135432754/937918802132357130/unknown.png
I have had HA working in this computer before with the same method, i have restarted it and re installed it but nothing works
i have a backup so im fine with deleting stuff

I’m getting the same thing. I’m not 100% sure but I think this started happening after I upgraded to version 6.1.32 of VirtualBox.

Sometimes when the error message appears, Home Assistant still runs and can be accessed, but it eventually dies.

I have tried to reinstall it several times but still the same.

I just reinstalled it 20 minutes ago and I didn’t touch it after the CLI loaded. In less than 5 minutes, I got this:

Is there anybody who can help with debugging this?

@DJAMIRSAM anything new on your side since you posted your message?

I have had the same problem at random times. It seems the problem is related to using a CPU that does not have VMX/VT-x enabled or not supported. I originally was running on an Intel i5-8259U that does not support VMX. I upgraded to an Intel i5-11320H and I have not seen the issue since. I tried both VirtualBox 6.1 and 7.0 on new HW. HA boot time is like half now with new processor. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I mean on my side I got so annoyed I switched to bare metal on a mini PC, smooth sailing ever since. 10/10 would recommend

Also sorry for late response I was charging my phone…