Can't get HomeAssistant Yellow to control neither Sonos nor Zigbee

Yesterday I got a HomeAssistant Yellow that was simple enough to put together and install HomeAssistant on. The installation itself worked fine, I can login, access via IOS App etc. I could add two Apple TVs I had, so I know it’s working in some capacity but I can’t get it to find any devices that I was most interested in: Sonos and Zigbee.

Both Sonos and Zigbee Home Automation were added automatically after installation (via auto configuration of some sort?). I understand that the Yellow should have a built-in chip for Zigbee configuration.

Sonos

No devices are found, and there are 8 of them in the house. I have searched, and a common problem is having different networks. I’m not sure how to proceed here. Both the Yellow and Sonos speakers are on the same /24 network. I can access the Sonos speakers fine via mobile, and mobile can access Home Assistant installation as well.

Zigbee

To get started, I literally bough these:

I plug them into a socket (like 1 m from the Yellow), and, nothing happens. Nothing is discovered in HomeAssistant. On the product page it says that only 2.4 Ghz networks are supported (not 5 Ghz). I’m not sure what this means. Our WiFi is 5 Ghz, but I though Zigbee didn’t use WiFi for communication? I’m I misunderstanding something here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Welcome to the community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Try to reboot one of your speakers just by pulling and re-inserting the power cord and check if it’s reachable after this and if so… rinse and repeat! Regarding the plugs, make sure that they are supported by what I assume ZHA, for instance here: Database of Zigbee devices compatible with ZHA, Tasmota, Zigbee2MQTT, deCONZ, ZiGate and ioBroker

Thanks. No luck yet with Sonos :frowning:

But as for the Zigbee plugs, here the problem was me :slight_smile: I had assumed that they would appear automatically, but I had to click into the controller in the GUI and manually invoke a pairing. The controller started to look for devices, and the plugs appeared within a few seconds. They all work now and I just ordered 8 more!