Can't get simple automation to run

I’m one of those insteon users trying to get things going with HA. I’ve installed a windows mobile version for now and it has found most of my devices and they work. I am trying to follow automation instructions but can’t even get a simple light to turn on/off at a certain time. I can manually execute the automation and it works as expected, but it doesn’t run when time is reached. It is a single mode, fixed time with the time set a few minutes ahead of current time and a single device, a smartlinc dimmer with the action to turn switch on. I’ve tried turning it on with light off, off with light on, toggle and tried other switches with same results. All switches work on overview page when toggled on screen. The time setting in the UI is correct, AM or PM is included so I don’t get that messed up. Not sure what else to try as I don’t have any other non-insteon switches, yet.

Can you post the YAML of your automation? While editing the automation in GUI, go to the upper right menu and select Edit in YAML:

Have you used a trigger for the time?
It cannot be as a condition.

alias: Office Light on
description: ‘’
trigger:

• platform: time
    at: ‘17:22:00’
    condition: []
    action:
  • type: turn_on
    device_id: 74af0e2ee4ee2ea09f161480db1c32a6
    entity_id: light.switchlinc_dimmer_51_37_c6
    domain: light
    mode: single

the trigger is time. there is no condition

Some info for creating posts with YAML code: How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question

alias: Office Light on
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: '17:22:00'
condition: []
action:
  - type: turn_on
    device_id: 74af0e2ee4ee2ea09f161480db1c32a6
    entity_id: light.switchlinc_dimmer_51_37_c6
    domain: light
mode: single

What about when you remove the quotes (in YAML mode) before and after the time?
I have an example that works but without the quotes.
Don’t know how/when/why they are added and I’m not sure that this is the reason but you loose nothing.

let you know in 3 minutes

it made no difference

What about when you make the action type do a service call instead device?

not sure i did it right but no joy. set service call, light turn on, and 100%

Silly question, what time does your home assistant think it currently is, and does it line up with what time it actually is for you? Simplest way to check is to use entity search from your dashboard for ‘time’ then click the time sensor

My dashboard doesn’t look like that. I’ve tried to find this, but am at a lost. Only thing I see is
sensor.start_time I’m using the windows mobile version so it must be different than what you showed.

You have to have sensor.time integrated to see that sensor. Also, people will have different dashboards than you depending on what they set up. This goes for the look/feel of your dashboard.

To check the time without integrating sensor.time

Go to the template editor
Open your Home Assistant instance and show your template developer tools.

Clear the contents of the template.

Paste:

{{ now() }}
{{ utcnow() }}

Copy the contents here and tell us what your timezone is.

Sidebar, did you set your timezone, location, and elevation in general settings? These are required for your time and sunrise/sunset times to be correct.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show your general Home Assistant settings.

2022-05-10 11:34:00.000910+00:00
2022-05-10 11:34:00.000910+00:00

I’m in central DLS time and I believe I set that up when installing HA

Well, the template results show that you did not set that up. Those values should not match. The top value should be your time in your timezone.

ok, how do I set it

Click on the link I provided above… Those pretty pictures are links to your home assistant instance.

I went to settings and it shows central time zone