Can't get Yi Home to work (47US)

Evening All,

I bought a Yi Home Camera (a 47US) and I can’t get it working with HA.

What I a tried so far:

Installed this on the camera (works, can get to the server page and the test runs fine):

Changed ‘/home/yi-hack-v3/script/system.sh’ to show the following (to use FTPD instead of PureFTPD)

if [[ $(get_config FTPD) == "yes" ]] ; then
        tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w &
fi

Then I ssh’d into my camera and typed this (as suggested here)

ln -s /tmp tmp

My yi_cam.yaml (in /cameras/) shows the following:

platform: yi
name: "Yi Cam"
host: '192.168.1.XXX'
password: xxxxxxxxxx

And I am calling it with camera.yi_cam in my groups.yaml.

I get the following on the front end:

Yi Cam(Image not available)

And this in my home-assistant.log:

2018-02-19 20:28:20 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.camera.yi] There don't appear to be any uploaded videos
2018-02-19 20:28:30 WARNING (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.components.camera.yi] There don't appear to be any uploaded videos
2018-02-19 20:28:41 WARNING (SyncWorker_5) [homeassistant.components.camera.yi] There don't appear to be any uploaded videos
2018-02-19 20:28:51 WARNING (SyncWorker_9) [homeassistant.components.camera.yi] There don't appear to be any uploaded videos
2018-02-19 20:29:01 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.components.camera.yi] There don't appear to be any uploaded videos

I can view the camera fine with the app.

Hi,
Forgive me if I write with errors. English is not my native language :slight_smile:

The first step is to check the contents of the / tmp / sd / record folder. There should be files with video. On my camera, folders were created after formatting the sd card in the yi home application.

First of all never apologise for your English if it’s not your native language, I’m sure it’s better than my understanding of your native language :slight_smile:.

Secondly I must apologise as when I didn’t get a response here I posted over at reddit and someone helped me there, I should have returned and edited this posted.

Lastly, thank you for taking time to reply to this post, much appreciated.

Hey @Knottyboy, I’m having the same problem.

Did you solve it?