Cant get z-wave to work on rpi3

I have tried to get zwave working for over a day now ( i use razberry ).

i have gone into raspi-config and turned on serial, hence the use of ttyS0 ( i have also tried with setting symlink to usb20).
I know my razberry card works because i am moving over from domoticz and it works there.

i have followed the manual here : Z-Wave - Home Assistant ( tried both the virtual environment and other version )
my configuration.yaml has this:

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyS0

( with 2 spaces indention ).

i have also tried the script in: ./hassbian-scripts/install_openzwave.sh

Is this problem only with rpi3 or? should i go with a rpi2?
what is better the AIO installer or hassbian?

with same result…

my log say:

17-03-18 14:58:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pyozwweb-0.3.2-py3.4.egg/openzwave/option.py”, line 75, in init
raise ZWaveException(u"Can’t write to device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/traceback.py”, line 181, in format_exception
return list(_format_exception_iter(etype, value, tb, limit, chain))
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/traceback.py”, line 146, in _format_exception_iter
for value, tb in values:
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/traceback.py”, line 125, in _iter_chain
context = exc.context
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘context

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 187, in _async_setup_component
None, component.setup, hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 54, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/init.py”, line 336, in setup
CONF_CONFIG_PATH, default_zwave_config_path))
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pyozwweb-0.3.2-py3.4.egg/openzwave/option.py”, line 81, in init
raise ZWaveException(u"Error when retrieving device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: 'Zwave Generic Exception : Error when retrieving device /dev/ttyS0 : ['Traceback (most recent call last):\n', ' File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4$
17-03-18 14:58:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Error while setting up platform squeezebox
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 148, in _async_setup_platform
entity_platform.async_schedule_add_entities, discovery_info
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/squeezebox.py”, line 87, in async_setup_platform
players = yield from lms.create_players()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/squeezebox.py”, line 110, in create_players
for players in data[‘players_loop’]:
KeyError: ‘players_loop’

and when i tied the AIO installer home assistant wouldn’t start at all.

You’ll likely find the Razberry card on /dev/ttyAMA0, at least that’s where it is for me.

its on the /dev/ttyAMA0 for rpi 2 but for rpi3 ama0 is bluetooth or something like that, anyway i actually tried ama0 to but didn’t work either :confused:

You need to disable the Bluetooth, the Razberry site even says so:

RaZberry is compatible with old Raspberry Pi Model B as well as with new Model B+. 2 and 3. on Raspi 3 you cant use Bluetooth together with Z-Wave since both require a real hardware UART but Raspi 3 only has one.

If you install their own software it does that automatically, or you can do it manually as explained here.