Can't hide automations from Haaska

Hey, I’ve got this customization for the automations group in my customize.yaml file:

group.all_automations:
  hidden: false
  friendly_name: 'Automations'
  haaska_hidden: true

As far as I know that last line should mean that all automations should be hidden from Haaska, but when I discover devices in Alexa they’re all still showing up.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks!

What happens if you remove ‘hidden: false’, then run discover devices in Alexa?

Thanks for the suggestion. Removing that line results in no change unfortunately.

Strange, that’s how I have mine set up, and it works fine for me.

I take it you remove all devices in Alexa each time before running discover devices again?

Yep, I removed all devices and re-ran the discovery.

I feel like I must be missing something really simple here, I just can’t figure out what it is.

For me it works fine, too.

I guess you could double check you don’t have other entries named the same/similar in your config file.

I know when I set it up I realised I had some groups named the same as switches, scripts etc. So had to go through them all to make sure I excluded everything I didn’t want to see.

do you have a group all_automations? also, make sure haaska is up to date as the hidden flag had a bug and was programmed backwards.

Yep, there’s just one group named all_automations, if that’s what you mean. If you mean there are some scripts and automations that share the same names, that’s true, but I can see whether or not the entity is a an automation or a script in the Alexa app.

Yes, that’s what I meant.

And yes, you can see in the Alexa app whether they’re groups, scripts etc.

In that case sorry, I’m all out of ideas! :neutral_face:

1 Like

Thanks for your help! Hopefully someone else has run into this problem before.