Can't load some backups as well. "expected boolean"

The UI tells me not to reply to a closed thread, so I’m opening a new one though it is very similar to this post. Attempting to upload a backup leads to dialog "Upload failed 400 Bad Request "

I think I’m having the same issue with “expected boolean”. I hate to delete them all so I’m wondering if there is a fix. That complaint seems very specific so perhaps I’m overlooking something. These backups were uploaded to GDrive by the Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.105.2) add-on.

Home Assistant 2022.3.2 (downgraded from 2022.3.3 which knocked my zwave offline) on a RP 4

22-03-11 19:33:46 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Found 8 backup files
22-03-11 19:33:46 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't validate data for /data/backup/f9847e82.tar: expected boolean for dictionary value @ data['protected']. Got '5'
22-03-11 19:33:46 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't validate data for /data/backup/13a2bcc7.tar: expected boolean for dictionary value @ data['protected']. Got '5'
22-03-11 19:33:46 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't validate data for /data/backup/7b83d846.tar: expected boolean for dictionary value @ data['protected']. Got '5'
22-03-11 19:33:52 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't validate data for /data/tmp/tmps9z5lugd/backup.tar: expected boolean for dictionary value @ data['protected']. Got '5

Any insights?

Hi!
Do you run the old zwave integration (Openzwave)?
Because it´s deprecated now and that was written in the release notes.
You also need the latest Zwave JS addon before upgrade to have support for 2022.3.3

Regarding upload of backup file, i tried that now after reading this, a full backup from early february and got the same error as you (400 bad request).
Something happend after that upgrade, never seen this before.
Deleting the files that had load-error in the system log “fixed” the problem with loading errors.

A thing that making me a bit concerned, is why suddenly 10-11 backup files got useless at the same time.
At least good to see that i am not alone (some way), think this is a kind of bug / issue with the release.

1 Like

Only been using Home Assistant the past year, so I started with Z-Wave JS. Did finally figure out that the Zwave addon needed to be updated after 2022.3.3, so I was able to get those devices back online, thnx.

Tempting to press the button when I see “Home Assistant Core: Version 2022.3.4 is available”. I already review the release notes and first-adopter comments before updating, even though my system is vanilla and I don’t use development builds. But if I can’t count on the backups working, I will get a secondary RP that I can clone to my current setup before making changes and backup to hardware rather than a file.

I would guess there is a syntax change that is impacting these old backups. Probably a very simple fix if I can only find out where someone has documented a solution.

1 Like

I also thought there was a change rendering the old full backup files useless or unsupported.
But just upload of an older backup file fails for us both, so it seems to be some format-related since reading the file fails.

Could be interesting to download a backup file created on 2022.3.3 rename it and try to upload…
But i don´t know if that is enough to test upload or if the fact that the content is exactly the same will cause trouble.

I also noticed the 2022.3.4 but nothing around backup is mentioned in the release notes,
Running HA in virtualizer so i can take a backup by copying the whole virtual disk (file).