Can't log into HA App on iOS - NSURLErrorDomain -1003

Hello there,
So far I only used the Android App without any problems. But now I need to integrate three users with iphones. So far so good. The App found the IP used and they could login.
Now I switched over the instance to use Let’s Encrypt and the “NGINX Home Assistant SSL proxy”. On android I just switched over from the IP to the now used URL without any problems.
On iOS I get an “NSURLErrorDomain -1003” error and can’t login.
The URL (and it’s DNS) is only available within a specific network that all these devices are in. Using Safari I can easily get to the website and also login. So what is the app doing differently?

Best Regards

doofesohr

1 Like

Have you fixed it? I am getting the same error. I can login via local network as well as domain name using https

-1003 is a DNS error, which means the hostname you’ve provided can’t be resolved. Check your DNS server configuration as well as the hostname you have set to make sure they are valid.

I can open home assistant using web browser with no issues. I can login both locally and via the https://homeassistant.example.com. It’s just the iOS app that is throwing error being connected to the same Network via the same router as my laptop.

Are you using the same URL? Manually entering it may work around a typo in your config. If that doesn’t help you can export logs and drop them here and I can take a look.

enable data in home assistant app settings on ios (phone settings not in app)

1 Like

Where is this?

1 Like

Hello Fahashery,

Have you been able to solve your problem?
I have the same problem as you and it doesn’t work with Nicols07 solution.

Thank you

Hi Zacwest,

I have the same problem as Fahadshery. I’ve posted the log file. If you can help me. I thank you.
Here is the problem:

Diablotin

Hello!

I did a upgrade to a pi4 machine and now it’s working perfectly

Don’t know if this is a pi3 problem but it works

Greets

Also the same problem. Only in app android and ios. Web version is ok. Happend in dayligt saving time change.
Dosnt work Duck dns, Tailscale and just home wifi network.
Raspberry 4 was updated and upgraded.

I had same issue. Managed to solve it doing this:

• open companion app settings (not HA settings)
  • on top of the main page of the settings select add server (or similar, usin my app in my native language)
  • select your HA instance and log in

This fixed the issue for me.
Not sure what caused this but seemed to be some kind of permission issue.

2 Likes

Solved for me.

I have turned my VPN off on the iphone and solved this problem

Has anybody found a definitive solution to this? I think it has something to do with hairpin https: router settings. Using a VPN or not using local wifi allows login, but local inside router gives this error. After a while error goes away and I can maintain login locally. Seems DNS gets misdirected somehow.

If you are using DNS adblockers, ensure that firebase APIs are not being blocked, or disable your firebase rules and try it again.

Adguard example:

# Home Assistant Notifications Registration
@@||firebaseinstallations.googleapis.com^$important
@@||firebaseremoteconfig.googleapis.com^$important

So I think DuckDNS is simply unstable and has been for a over a year. Same errors for me, coinciding with this site saying they were down:

It’s been happening in bursts for me for a year now. Time to look elsewhere if this continues with DuckDNS?