Can't login after upgrading to new auth system (v0.77)

I have Hassio on Raspberry Pi. Last night i updated to 0.77. After creating credentials trying to login, but it’s not accepting the new credentials.

https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/authentication/ says: remove files (auth, auth_provider.homeassistant and onboarding) from your config folder. But those files aren’t in my config fiile.

What’s wrong? How can i access my Hassio again?

Read again more closely, they tell you what folder they will be in. .storage is inside your config directory, files to delete are in there

Thanks for helping! Well the reading was ok, but i forgot .name maps are hidden. Found it and resolved the issue. Thanks again!

I have the same issue since upgrading. But am very new to this. How do i get to the configuration files. When ever i try to access these from my web browser. It just takes me to the log in page. How do i access the .storage file.

Sorry for being a pain. I have tried to FTP over also

Have you set up Samba share in Hassio?

No i didn’t . It is just as it came. Only thing i have changed is the configuration file so added in my lights and sockets. I plugged an hdmi cable into my PI but all i get is the HomeAssistant splash screen

Since upgrade to 0.83.3 I’m having tremendous difficulties in getting the auth system to work reliably. First I didn’t get any access to the home assistant page but I could see nothing in logs and hass runs on the system (checked via SSH). After much error tracing it all came down to the auth system. Nothing has changed in my configs but now the web interface of Hass just keeps saying “Cannot connect to Home assistant”. I’ve tried to delete the .storage-files, cleared the browser cache, reboot the hass-machine and create a new user account. Sometimes it works, often not.

Sometimes I get a “Server 500 response”, sometimes the “create account” button does nothing and sometimes I get a new account and access to the web interface. But I face this every time I restart HASS. What gives? Needless to say, it’s getting quite annoying and time consuming.

I’ve spend hours on fault searching and cannot find anything out of the ordinary.

Edit: upgraded to 0.84.3. Same issue.

After installing 0.84.x I’ve a lot of problem to login in my webgui after a reboot.
The only way is to delete files in .storage folder.

Have someone the same problem?

I have exactly the same problem :confused: And haven’t found any other solutions than deleting .storage

The problems started when I upgraded from 0.84.3 to 0.84.6

Same problem here. Since last versions, almost every tyme y restart HA, I have to delete .storage auth files to login work. I try everithing without success.

Same issue, but after updating from 0.84 to 0.85.1.

No login after restart service

But if i clean
section “refresh_tokens”:
in .homeassistant/.storage/auth
after stop and before start - loign ok.
I think problem in tokens

Please explain your solution.
I’ve tried to clean section refresh_tokens but nothing happens.

"refresh_tokens":  [
    ],

or i have to remove keyword “refresh_tokens” ??

My login working only with empty

“refresh_tokens”: [
],