Can't reload via GUI? "Error: Can't execute restart while a task is in progress"

I’ve experienced this several times when I’m trying to fine tune my sensors (which afaik can’t be reloaded without reloading all of HomeAssistant)

The symptom is suddenly I can’t restart thru the web-GUI even though I pass the validation check. When I check the logs, it has something like this every time:

20-02-23 16:28:40 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [hassio.docker.interface] Restart homeassistant/intel-nuc-homeassistant
20-02-23 16:38:50 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Don't wait anymore of Home Assistant startup!
20-02-23 16:38:50 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished coro=<process_lock.<locals>.wrap_api() done, defined at /usr/src/hassio/hassio/utils/__init__.py:20> exception=HomeAssistantError()>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/hassio/hassio/utils/__init__.py", line 29, in wrap_api
    return await method(api, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/hassio/hassio/homeassistant.py", line 381, in restart
    await self._block_till_run()
  File "/usr/src/hassio/hassio/homeassistant.py", line 588, in _block_till_run
    raise HomeAssistantError()
hassio.exceptions.HomeAssistantError
20-02-23 16:40:39 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [hassio.docker.interface] Restart homeassistant/intel-nuc-homeassistant
20-02-23 16:48:23 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.utils] Can't execute restart while a task is in progress

Host system

Hostname hassio
System HassOS 3.11
Deployment production

Supervisor

Version 201
Latest version 201

If I try to reload via command line, it hangs at “Processing” forever.

At this point, the only solution I can find to move forward is power cycle/full reboot the whole host.

Anyone know anything about this?

Have you solved this ?

I have the exact same issue on 2 separate setups.

Setup 1: Pi 3 B+ with HassOS 3.11 and supervisor 201.
Setup 2: Clean install on Pi 4 with HassOS 3.11 and supervisor 206.

I have not…the best I’ve come up with is sucking up that when I mean to restart the service I may just need to reboot the whole host. Not ideal, but in my case its about the same amount of time - just inconvenient.