Can't remove old border router (Aqara M3) from Thread integration, still shows even after adding new border router (Nest Hub)

Started with Aqara Hub M3, learned the hard way that it basically doesn’t support third party products. Unplugged and returned it. Bought new Nest Hub and set it up. Added it to Thread integration.

The Nest Hub disappeared after 24 hours and didn’t show up again until I physically power cycled it. Aqara M3 still shows, though. Even after the Nest Hub reappeared (after power cycle), it still says Aqara at the top.

I rebooted both just Home Assistant and the machine it runs on after deleting the Thread integration but when everything comes back up and I re-add the Thread integration, Aqara come back.

My 3 matter devices fell offline at the same time the Nest Hub did however they did not reconnect when the Nest Hub did after the power cycle.

How do I clear the Aqara stuff out of my system? Where is that stored?

Hi ,

I don’t have any matter devices, but this post in the docs, if you read the who;le thing, talks about it and the specific link point seensto be about multiple ‘fabrics’. This is a beta protocal, so some parts of this work better than others.

Matter (BETA) - Home Assistant.

In your screenshot I only see the Google Nest Hub. The network name is still Aqara, but that isn’t really relevant. It seems that since you first setup the Aqara Hub Google picked up that network name.

You can safely leave as is.

If you want to reset, you’ll have to factory reset your Google Nest Hub and reset the Play Services data on your phone (see Update home-assistant network Thread credentials not possible · Issue #4146 · home-assistant/android · GitHub).

That said, the Google Nest Hub schould not disappear. What networking gear are you using?

This is entirely unrelated to Matter. The dialog is about Thread Border Routers. Those “only” provide mesh networking for Matter, but are not controlled or connected to the Matter network.

Thank you for clarifying the Aqara network name not affecting anything. I won’t sleep over it, but I’d still love to get rid of it. I looked through every file in /.storage but didn’t find anything relating to “Aqara.”

Some other things that caught my attention are:

• The “thread.datasets” file in /.storage shows the dataset from when I had the Aqara hub (per the date of creation). Is that information tied to the hub or did that come from my phone? Admittedly, it does say provided by Google.

• The more info dialogue in the Thread integration shows some network information that definitely belongs to Aqara, like the Pan ID. Should I be concerned about that?

I followed some steps including deleting the Thread integration, restarting Home Assistant (full reboot), clearing my Google Play services cache and storage, factory resetting the Nest Hub, uninstalling and reinstalling the Home app, and trying to re-sync the credentials, but nothing has changed and the same Aqara network name, network ID numbers, and credentials/datasets still show up.

I wish I knew where Home Assistant stored this information so I could wipe it.

The Thread dataset contains the network name too. However, the network name displayed is the one we learn through mDNS/DNS-SD from the Google Nest Hub directly. In other words: Home Assistant isn’t defining the name here, that is the Google Nest Hub which has it stored and publishes it through mDNS/DNS-SD.

As I mentioned, if you want to reset, you’ll have to factory reset your Google Nest Hub and reset the Play Services data on your phone (see Update home-assistant network Thread credentials not possible · Issue #4146 · home-assistant/android · GitHub ).