Can't run after restore

Hello,
I have an issue starting Home Assistant from Raspberry PI 4 after restore.
Some months ago cloned 16GB SD card and moved to 32GB. HA was working fine, doing full backups every 5 days to Google Drive. But recently card died so I remembered old one. Put old SD Card then copied last backup from Google Drive to card and executed “Full restore”. Got notification “Not enough space”, cleared some old backups end executed again. Backup restore started, no more questions/warnings. Left for the night unattended :slight_smile:
In the morning HA was not accessible.
Any ideas? Maybe free space was still not enough (and system did not counted/terminated correctly). What can be done in such situation?

Do a fresh install on the good card and restore to that instead, or get a new card or preferably an SSD.

Are you sure the old card was not failing as well?

Thanks, the “put a fresh card” case is the primary option.

Old card was working fine. It was replaced because of space, not malfunction. Maybe not all dashboards were the latest design but at least I was able to navigate end execute “Restore”.

Just installed to fresh card and restored from backup. It was very easy and I would recommend to choose this option as a main scenario next time.

Glad to hear it worked out in the end. A fresh install is always easier.