Can't save script/automation via webGUI

Hello,
I just started with this so I’m quite new and any help is appreciated.
EDIT

It looks like I “solved” it by creating an empty script it scripts.yaml and automations.yaml…
Now those scripts show up and I can edit and save them but if I create a new script I can’t save it.

The problem is when I try to use the Create and edit scripts/automations via the webGUI I can’t save them.
I see the configuration tab and I can press add a new script but for some reason the save button is not there. Sometimes I can see it for 1 msek but then it disappears.

The interesting part is that on the Overview I can see an automation script I created manually so Home Assistant can read the file but not write to it.(it doesn’t show up under Configuration->Automation)

This is how the permissions look: (I changed the permissions on scripts.yaml to see if made a difference)
rights

I installed everything according to these guides because I want the HA running from my NAS LUN so I got better redundancy.
http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/storing_your_files_on_a_synology_nas_using_iscsi
Then the manuall install according to this: Installation - Home Assistant so it’s running in VE.

Hi I have the same issue trying to create my first automation in the HA webGUI, the save button is missing.
Can you explain your fix in a bit more detail ?
What folder did you create the blank scripts in ?
Thanks.

Absolutely!

All you have to do is edit the scripts.yaml file (usually located at /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/)
Then you just have to add a simple script there like this:

testing:
  alias: This is the new
    sequence:
    - data:
      service: notify.notify

Reload the scripts via webGUI and it should pop up and if you make a change you should be able to save it.

For automation.yaml you can add the following:

- id: NewTest
  alias: Automation
  trigger:
    platform: time
    at: '12:08:00'
  action:
   - delay: '00:00:10'

To add more scripts you just add another “template” below it but change the ID and alias and it should show up as well.

Hi,
had the same issue with HA 0.58.x . There was some error visible in the Chrome developer console in that situation. So it was probably just a bug in that release.

After upgrading to 0.59, the save button was back (at least for now) and I was able to add and edit automations.

Cheers

I remember trying Firefox before and I still couldn’t save but I might not have edited enough for it to save.
I’ve upgrade my HA to 0.59 I still can’t edit in Chrome but Firefox seems to be working as it should.

Hmm… i also had this issue occuring multiple times over last months… not sure why.

Is it maybe related to the changing policies of an Adblocker extension?